Christmas Cruise

QTBabyNurse

Hubby and I are contemplating spending Christmas on a cruise this year. We are seasoned cruisers, but have never been on a cruise for Christmas. We generally sail out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. We are in our early 60's and like to have a fun time...we are definitely not the type of people who just want to sit in a lounge chair all day. The ports of call are really not all that important to us as we have already been to most of them already. The ship is the main focus for us.

So, having said all that....if YOU have taken a Caribbean cruise for Christmas out of Florida, which ship did you sail and what were the pros and cons of that particular ship? Add any other information you think would be helpful to assist us in choosing an exciting holiday cruise!

Thank you!

On 1/13/2024 at 6:04 PM, QTBabyNurse said:

Hubby and I are contemplating spending Christmas on a cruise this year. We are seasoned cruisers, but have never been on a cruise for Christmas. We generally sail out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. We are in our early 60's and like to have a fun time...we are definitely not the type of people who just want to sit in a lounge chair all day. The ports of call are really not all that important to us as we have already been to most of them already. The ship is the main focus for us.

So, having said all that....if YOU have taken a Caribbean cruise for Christmas out of Florida, which ship did you sail and what were the pros and cons of that particular ship? Add any other information you think would be helpful to assist us in choosing an exciting holiday cruise!

Thank you!

We just returned from a Christmas cruise on Solstice (Asia). It was our 3rd Christmas sailing as the other two were on Solstice (New Zealand, 2019) and Infinity (Chile, 2016).

We think the Solstice class ships are nice for holiday cruises although we've not done Edge class yet. My advice is to book a Christmas sailing with New Year's Eve because NYE is done very well on the ship. That means you have to book a sailing longer than 7 nights or do a B2B. 

B385FF1C-50B6-4D78-8C30-84EBD0A20E16.jpe

Mr and Mrs Claus visit Solstice on Christmas Eve somewhere off the coast of Thailand. The kids were so excited. 

Edited by mahdnc

I would highly recommend a Christmas cruise.  We have done 3 or 4.

Which ship is best?  That highly depends upon your likes and dislikes.  Are you sailing in a suite?  Suite cruisers tend to have a preference for E class.  Do you want a real balcony or is a IV good enough?  My favorite class M and ship is Millenium.  It is not in the Carribean.

Edited by NMTraveller

My husband and I took a Christmas cruise on the Apex in December, 2022. The ship was massively full: because so many people come as families, there are tons of kids staying in their parents' cabins, and thus a much higher number of passengers than usual. It was especially a problem because we had bad weather - chilly and rainy for the first half of the trip - so everybody was inside much of the time, and it was noisy and crowded pretty much everywhere. And as I'm sure you're aware, fares are also higher on the cruises over holidays.

I'm sure it's a great thing for families, but as a couple traveling on our own, we won't be taking another Christmas (or New Year's) cruise.

• Like 1