Adult pool areas on Discovery

travelmama06

I was wondering where the pools are for adults only on the discovery ?

I was sure I read somewhere about booking full day or half days for an area for adults but can’t seem to find it again - where do we make the booking and what is the charge ? 
we have premium plus package if that makes any difference ?!

thanks in advance 

Pretty sure the Retreat Pool on deck 17 is for adults.

The area you mention to be booked is The Sanctuary which is on deck 18 forward. The cost is $20/half day, $40/full day and $30/day if you book all days of the cruise. You select a reserved lounge chair and receive some other benefits. It's a very popular location on tropical cruises. You have to be one of the first to board and go directly there to see what's available. Bookings are made at The Sanctuary on board, no where else. Many cruisers book b2bs. Those passengers can reserve The Sanctuary on the last day of their initial cruise. Even if you are the first to reach The Sanctuary you will find some lounges already reserved. On the Discovery The Sanctuary has a hot tub, no pool.

5 hours ago, tonit964 said:

The adults only pool is The Retreat Pool on Sun Deck 17. 
On my two Discovery cruises, there were kids in the Wake View pool on Deck 16. I don’t believe that one is adults only. 

I didn't really think so. 

• Like 1

From our experience on both Discovery & Enchanted, it's impossible to get a seat at the Retreat Pool on a sea day. Someone told me on Enchanted a couple of weeks ago that they went out at 7 AM and all chairs had stuff on them. Out of the 20+ cruises we've taken, the one we just took on Enchanted a few weeks ago (10 day Caribbean) was far and away the most difficult to find a lounge chair any time after 9 AM even on the main decks.

On the Crown last week there was a lady who came about 20 min before service started in buffet and tipped all the seats forward at the window tables. Huge family slowly arrived , nothing was done about it.

9 hours ago, Auntiejo said:

From our experience on both Discovery & Enchanted, it's impossible to get a seat at the Retreat Pool on a sea day. Someone told me on Enchanted a couple of weeks ago that they went out at 7 AM and all chairs had stuff on them. Out of the 20+ cruises we've taken, the one we just took on Enchanted a few weeks ago (10 day Caribbean) was far and away the most difficult to find a lounge chair any time after 9 AM even on the main decks.

We were also on that trip also. Yes it was crowded, but we still managed to get seats during the day after lunch but it was usually in the shade where lots of folks don't really want to sit. Many times we just went to the Wake View pool to escape the masses of people.

We'll be sailing later in the year from now on... after the holiday rush is over. It was just to crowded with large families with kids for us.