Looking at Havana Interiors???

ChuckF

I'm looking at a couple of cruise options on Vista class ships, and want to stay in the Havana area.  Never done that before. Is there any downside to being on deck 5, or the two last interiors on Decks 6 or 7 at back of boat? 

I was in room Havana interior 5225 on panorama and my room vibrated when the band was playing. It didn’t bother me because I’m not noise sensitive and I stay out late but if you’re a light sleeper and go to bed before midnight it could be an issue.  I personally loved Havana and would do it again, I got a daybed on a sea day at 2pm, you’re never doing that on the lido.

• Like 2

We did a Havana cabana on the Vista. Loved the Havana area but thought the cabana was kinda waste of money. I’d definitely do an interior in the Havana area if there is a next time on that ship. But I probably wouldn’t book on the ships without a pool area. 

Rooms on Deck 5 will have some noise from the Havana Bar. But if you're up late dancing and drinking, then it won't bother you. That bar area is not used very much in the mornings/afternoons. Make sure to get the drink package because having a dedicated bar is fabulous! Also love the Cuban coffee in the morning.

I was booked in 5208 on the Horizon and it was fantastic. Loved the square layout and I walked out of my cabin and and the outdoor area was right there. I never heard a peep from the havana bands playing. I would book it again in a minute.

Edited by dacsmom

I have done a Havana interior and patio.  The patio wasn't worth it for our group.  We wanted to be at the pool.  The Havana interior was perfect for husband and I.  We were also in Panorama 5225.  It was perfect, we never heard or felt a thing.   I love the Havana and hope to try the Venezia with the Terraza area. 

J

Edited by LuckyStar

16 hours ago, dacsmom said:

I was booked in 5208 on the Horizon and it was fantastic. Loved the square layout and I walked out of my cabin and and the outdoor area was right there. I never heard a peep from the havana bands playing. I would book it again in a minute.

We have this room booked for November this year - I'm extra excited for this cruise!

19 hours ago, dacsmom said:

We have 5205 book for Spring Break this year. It’s the same cabin but on the opposite side of the hall. It’s our 1st time on a Vista class ship & our 1st time in a Havana cabin. We booked this cabin because it was recommended by several people on CC, and we are very excited.

5 hours ago, 3smithboys said:

We have 5205 book for Spring Break this year. It’s the same cabin but on the opposite side of the hall. It’s our 1st time on a Vista class ship & our 1st time in a Havana cabin. We booked this cabin because it was recommended by several people on CC, and we are very excited.

We have that same cabin on Panorama next month. The sideways layout seems so much better... it's also our first time on a Vista class and Havana, and our first interior. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LuckyStar said:

I have done a Havana interior and patio.  The patio wasn't worth it for our group.  We wanted to be at the pool.  The Havana interior was perfect for husband and I.  We were also in Panorama 5225.  It was perfect, we never heard or felt a thing.   I love the Havana and hope to try the Venezia with the Terraza area. 

J

We were in a Terrazza aft wrap in Sept B2B. The best part was the Terraza brunch in the Steakhouse. 

There is no pool in Terraza area, just hot tubs. Hot tubs were hardly ever used, but it was fall, not summer. Same for loungers - always good ones available. 

20230924_124026.thumb.jpg.d1c619fcc995de907b3d221ba63bc44f.jpg

• Like 1

I have stayed in a Havana patio before and I loved deck 5.  Ended up rarely going up to Lido except for a burger.  Deck 5 has Guy's BBQ joint, plus, what they didn't advertise, was that the Ocean Plaza area had a small breakfast buffet.  No one really knew about this until late in the cruise so didn't have to fight crowds at the buffet on Lido. 

With the private pool area and all the other bars/amenities on 5, it makes it well worth it.  I will be cruising in a Havana patio room again in September.

15 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

We were in a Terrazza aft wrap in Sept B2B. The best part was the Terraza brunch in the Steakhouse. 

There is no pool in Terraza area, just hot tubs. Hot tubs were hardly ever used, but it was fall, not summer. Same for loungers - always good ones available. 

20230924_124026.thumb.jpg.d1c619fcc995de907b3d221ba63bc44f.jpg

That's good information, thank you.  This is the same way on the Panorama and the Vista.  Smallish pool but never crowded and two hotter tubs. 

6 hours ago, ishap said:

I have stayed in a Havana patio before and I loved deck 5.  Ended up rarely going up to Lido except for a burger.  Deck 5 has Guy's BBQ joint, plus, what they didn't advertise, was that the Ocean Plaza area had a small breakfast buffet.  No one really knew about this until late in the cruise so didn't have to fight crowds at the buffet on Lido. 

With the private pool area and all the other bars/amenities on 5, it makes it well worth it.  I will be cruising in a Havana patio room again in September.

They don't set up food in the Ocean Plaza anymore.  Stopped a couple of years ago