Trastevere to Civitavecchia?

Scoup

That depends on what is important to you.  The least expensive option is the train, which you can get from the Rome Trastevere station (the #8 tram to the station is just 300 meters from your hotel).  Once at Civitavecchia you could walk to the port and use the free port shuttle, or pay 6 euro for a bus right to your ship or terminal, whichever applies.

On the other hand, you could go for a shared shuttle or a private car service, the easiest alternative.

• Host Bonjour changed the title to Trastevere to Civitavecchia?

Here is a link to a Youtube video that you might appreciate.  It shows you, among other things, the stairs you'll have to go down and up at Civitavecchia's train station (I recall those stairs), the bus you can catch in front of Civitavecchia's train station to get to Largo della Pace (which is where you hop aboard the bus that takes you to your ship), and the convenience of buying a train ticket that also includes fare for the bus to Largo della Pace.  (If bought separately, I understand that the cost for the express shuttle to Largo della Pace is 6 Euros.  I'm told it is 3 Euros for a local bus that makes multiple stops before reaching Largo della Pace. 

Civitavecchia train station to Largo della Pace cruise passenger shuttle pickup (youtube.com)

9 hours ago, Scubadoobie2 said:

It shows you, among other things, the stairs you'll have to go down and up at Civitavecchia's train station (I recall those stairs)

I thought they have upgraded the station with elevators or escalators? The video is 3 years old.

steamboats

6 hours ago, steamboats said:

I thought they have upgraded the station with elevators or escalators? The video is 3 years old.

steamboats

That's the danger of online info. Things change. Just in the years since Covid the shuttle situation has changed 3-4 times (and I'm not just talking about prices), as well as the fact that the Civitavecchia station now has elevators....

Always look at the date when gathering info online. 

23 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

That's the danger of online info. Things change. Just in the years since Covid the shuttle situation has changed 3-4 times 

Exactly, there's a direct shuttle bus to/from the train station for 6 Euro (one way) now.

steamboats 

52 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

That's the danger of online info. Things change. Just in the years since Covid the shuttle situation has changed 3-4 times (and I'm not just talking about prices), as well as the fact that the Civitavecchia station now has elevators....

Always look at the date when gathering info online. 

Thanks for the update about elevators.  Yes, always best to look for CURRENT information and not rely on years-old stuff.  Lesson learned.

Besides being outdated, too much of this self-published "information" on the internet isn't complete or is biased in a particular direction, because they are selling something without being obvious about it, trying to disguise a sales message as informative.  Absent the editing process of traditional media, you can't know if what you are reading or watching is no longer true, or was only true for a short while, or is simply the opinion of the author, etc.  It's unfortunate, but we all have to become very cynical and double or triple check most things you read on line.

I've found this to be true even with major media sites, they are in such a hurry to get things posted that fact checking seems to fall by the wayside.  Those "3 days in ..." articles in the New York Times are particularly full of dated or incomplete information.

I know I should be more careful with my own posts, to reflect that something was true on the day I was there, but that doesn't mean it's true all the time, or anymore.  It's so easy to assume that what I found to be true must be the way it usually is.

Edited by euro cruiser

@euro cruiser having my own cruise blog I can only say it´s almost impossible to update all information. I have sort of a disclaimer on my website saying that my reviews reflect the information available by the time of my cruise. I take photos of menus, provide prices of drink packages / internet onboard. Those are all things which change quickly. I just recently got a question about drink costs in specialty restaurants of a certain cruise line. By the time I was onboard the package wasn´t valid in specialty restaurants... a couple of months later the cruise line changed the packages and now it´s also valid in specialty restaurants...

The same for descriptions of self organized shore tours... Prices, time tables are a subject of changes. I haven´t been to Civi train station for a couple of years but at least I´ve read on here about the upgrades (wasn´t sure whether it was elevators or escalators). At least I saw the 6 Euro busses last year when I was in port.

So for all looking for information... always check the data of the information! Things can always change.

steamboats

Yes, even with the best of intentions, keeping a site up to date is incredibly difficult.  I think people understand that with a personal blog, but too often assume that a "professional" site is kept up to date, when so many are not.  Or the web site's intent is simply too broad, like Rome2Rio.  If you stop and think about it, how realistic is it that any site could maintain correctly all of the transportation schedules for every city in the world?