Making Final Payment

GabbyRose

I already tried searching the forum for an answer and didn't find one. So I apologize if this is a stupid question. This is my first time using a PCC. When I initially booked the cruise, the PCC stated I should call him back with the final payment. My question is should I call my PCC and give him my credit card info again or should I make final payment on the HAL website. I don't like giving out my credit card info over the phone but I will reluctantly do so if I have to. If I make final payment on the HAL website, what does it matter to my PCC? Will my PCC lose some credits or brownie points? TIA.

• Like 1

I always make the final payment online, regardless of whether I booked directly or through my PCC. In fact, last time I booked through my PCC (via email) within final payment and since I was out of the country, he created the booking so I could make payment online instead of incurring the expense of a phone call. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GabbyRose said:

If I make final payment on the HAL website, what does it matter to my PCC? Will my PCC lose some credits or brownie points?

I don't believe so. When I wanted to add HIA before the price went up in November, I emailed my PCC and asked if she got anything from processing my payment or should I just do it on line, and she said I could just do it. Not quite the same as final payment, but it was $3500 for a 35-day cruise!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GabbyRose said:

I don't like giving out my credit card info over the phone but I will reluctantly do so if I have to.

From a security perspective, you are probably safer providing your card number over the phone than doing so over the internet. That said, I always make my payment online.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks later but a follow up question. I am having trouble reaching my PCC. In the past when we made final payment we spoke with him directly and added on the cruise protection plan at the same time. If I pay online is there an option to add on the plan or do I need to speak to a person to do that?

6 hours ago, Kris75 said:

In the past when we made final payment we spoke with him directly and added on the cruise protection plan at the same time. If I pay online is there an option to add on the plan or do I need to speak to a person to do that?

Adding Cancellation Protection is a separate menu item under FLIGHTS & PLANNING banner. Yes you can add it yourself, I think the payment is immediate and separate from paying off the cruise. I would do it first! In fact, I am reminded to do it a few days early, because right now the website is not letting me into that cruise!

ETA: you can also call the PCC number and not enter the extension. Stay on until you can talk to a person. That menu may have changed! Have your booking number handy.

Edited by crystalspin