Miami Airport to Tri-rail

Bleueyes44

I have tried finding out how to get to Tri-rail station.  All I can find is level 3 to people mover.  Sounds good but does anyone know which terminal it's a big airport.  On airport site it says Skytrain is temporarily  closed is that the same as people mover tram ?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Here is a link to a map with all 3 levels...perhaps this helps?

https://www.miami-airport.com/getting-around-mia.asp

And here are the directions to Tri Rail:

To access the Tri-Rail, proceed to the 3rd Level of the terminal and follow the signs to take the MIA Mover to the Miami Central Station.

(Skytrain and MIA Mover are not the same thing)

Enjoy the cruise......

• There will be a shuttle that will take you from MIA to the tri-rail. I have used this about 5 times and never had a problem. In the Airport you will see a sign that says tri rail and buses. You will need to go to the exist and buy your ticket from kiosk and then the shuttle will arrive and take you to the tri-rail to go north to FLL or wherever you are going.

13 hours ago, 1cruise2U said:
  • There will be a shuttle that will take you from MIA to the tri-rail. I have used this about 5 times and never had a problem. In the Airport you will see a sign that says tri rail and buses. You will need to go to the exist and buy your ticket from kiosk and then the shuttle will arrive and take you to the tri-rail to go north to FLL or wherever you are going.

Is the shuttle included in the tri-rail fare? Can I confirm that we can get tri-rail direct to Fort Lauderdale? Is that FLL airport or is there a downtown Fort Lauderdale option? Thanks, Ken 

9 hours ago, CruiseIreland said:

Is the shuttle included in the tri-rail fare? Can I confirm that we can get tri-rail direct to Fort Lauderdale? Is that FLL airport or is there a downtown Fort Lauderdale option? Thanks, Ken 

if you are leaving from port of mia, than have the uber driver go directly to tri - rail...you then take tri rail to a stop in FLL then you take shuttle to FLL. 

https://www.tri-rail.com/scheduletable

i would call the customer service number. they were friendly last time I checked.

Tri-Rail Airport Shuttle Bus

Complimentary shuttle bus service for Tri-Rail passengers between the Fort Lauderdale Airport Tri-Rail Station and the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Shuttle service runs during train operating hours approximately every 15 to 20 minutes. 

Airport Shuttle Bus Route Map

• Like 1

There are two Tri-Rail "Fort Lauderdale" stations. The southerly of the two (closer to Miami) is named Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport at Dania Beach. Quite a mouthful. That station has shuttles to the airport, and several local buses. Uber/Lyft, too.

The second of the two stations, just one station north, is named Fort Lauderdale station at the west end of town. That's closer to downtown than the airport station. There are local buses, Uber/Lyft, etc

Back to Miami Airport. There is (was?) a free rail shuttle from the American airlines terminal at Miami airport to the rental car facility which is a mile or so away. All the airport terminals have moving walkways which eventually lead to the rental car shuttle. The five story rental car facility has the Tri-Rail to Fort Lauderdale and the local Metro-Rail to downtown on the ground level. MetroRail is a subway like rail service which is up on pillars.

There are ticket kiosks prior to descending to train level. You put in your destination, and it gives you a fare. You put in a credit card and it prints a ticket.

I suspect that the shuttle bus from the airport terminals will leave you off adjacent to Tri-Rail, but I don't know tat for sure.

Thank you for your replies. We will fly into Miami International and will need to get to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Larry's Limos quoting $143! Booking.com quoting $73 for a standard taxi, not including tip. We will have 2 check in cases and 2 carry ons.

6 hours ago, CruiseIreland said:

Thank you for your replies. We will fly into Miami International and will need to get to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Larry's Limos quoting $143! Booking.com quoting $73 for a standard taxi, not including tip. We will have 2 check in cases and 2 carry ons.

Thanks for that as we are travelling from Australia in May and were planning on doing the same thing.  I guess a taxi or Uber it is!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jules&Ted said:

Thanks for that as we are travelling from Australia in May and were planning on doing the same thing.  I guess a taxi or Uber it is!  

Hey..l was just in Australia Jan 2023 had the best cruise to New Zealand…and meet the friendliest and most helpful people in Australia 

Uber is also an option. It’s not a far ride like others are stating, probably about $60 Uber ride for XL depending on the day and time

42 minutes ago, 1cruise2U said:

Hey..l was just in Australia Jan 2023 had the best cruise to New Zealand…and meet the friendliest and most helpful people in Australia 

Uber is also an option. It’s not a far ride like others are stating, probably about $60 Uber ride for XL depending on the day and time

Thank you very much for that.  We may try an uber then.  Can you book before you arrive?  

Also, which ship were you on for your NZ cruise?  We cruised to NZ in November/December on the Majestic and really loved it except the weather was very cool and wet!

8 hours ago, Jules&Ted said:

Thank you very much for that.  We may try an uber then.  Can you book before you arrive?  

Also, which ship were you on for your NZ cruise?  We cruised to NZ in November/December on the Majestic and really loved it except the weather was very cool and wet!

Best bet is to book Uber or Lyft after you have collected your bags - wait for a car should be under 5 minutes and the airport offers free wifi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2024 at 9:56 PM, Jules&Ted said:
On 1/22/2024 at 9:56 PM, Jules&Ted said:

It was 4 of us and we did the Ovation of the Seas.. and really loved the ship and cruise so beautiful 

Edited by 1cruise2U