Princess Website is not supported by my provider: Help from Tech Gurus

cr8tiv1

Posted on wrong thread as caught by @JF - retired RRT

22 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

After thought.  Frontier sent me a new modem a couple of months ago but I never had time to set it up.  Would that "solve" the corruption problem?

Same other problem.  Set up new modem....change/reconnect all of my devices (Alexa/firestick, etc).

@cr8tiv1 oops! Different thread, but that may be what the problem is.

• Like 1

New modem might give you better wifi and perhaps a faster connection, but if in the end the fault lies at Frontiers end, then the previously suggested changes would still be good to do.

But definitely get that setup if you can, I imagine you might get better wifi coverage from it, if it's the device I think it is (after doing some research into their hardware)

9 minutes ago, AlpacaBag said:

New modem might give you better wifi and perhaps a faster connection, but if in the end the fault lies at Frontiers end, then the previously suggested changes would still be good to do.

But definitely get that setup if you can, I imagine you might get better wifi coverage from it, if it's the device I think it is (after doing some research into their hardware)

It's exactly the same modem I already have.

Just booked a cruise yesterday, first time on Princess, and today I am really frustrated with their website.  It keeps logging me out even when I’m trying to book some excursions.  Won’t accept my CC info (same as I booked the cruise with).   Trying the online chat and having no luck actually conversing with a real person.  
First impressions, not great.  😖

31 minutes ago, Jeall said:

Just booked a cruise yesterday, first time on Princess, and today I am really frustrated with their website.  It keeps logging me out even when I’m trying to book some excursions.  Won’t accept my CC info (same as I booked the cruise with).   Trying the online chat and having no luck actually conversing with a real person.  

Welcome to cruise critic. Sorry you're having such problems. Maybe try using the new app, abd log in there with your booking number. Or try that on the website too, log in with the booking number, see if that helps.

4 hours ago, Jeall said:

That happened to me too. I ended up doing all the research for which excursion I wanted at a port and then logged in to book it. Repeated for each port. I found that while doing the research, I was getting logged out but the website didn't show that so I'd be in the middle of booking the excursion and it wouldn't work because I was logged out!

I am glad I am not the only one who is running into these issues.  Thank you for sharing. 

@Jeall Welcome to Cruise Critic.  The majority of posters are friendly and willing to share and answer questions.  Once you get on the ship, you will love the experience.  I know how frustrating it can be and I’ve been around for a while.  My travel mate (new to Princess) isn’t happy either.  

For those trying to book excursions, try doing it from the app (I haven’t tried that).  You can always call Princess, but they are not able to take payments on the phone or via chat.  I know they can help you make a reservation but don’t know how you pay for it.

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone!  I did manage to book one excursion finally after leaving it for awhile and then going back in.  One thing I’m curious about is when I looked at the excursion afterwards, it didn’t show the number of spaces left had changed.  Maybe it takes awhile to adjust.  So glad we were able to get on this excursion as it was the primary reason we booked this particular cruise!  

• Like 1

@AlpacaBag we booked an excursion from Le Havre going to the WWII Normandy beaches where the Canadian troops landed.  We had been wanting to do a Seine River cruise but it just wasn’t in our budget so when I spotted this British Isles cruise that had a stop in Le Havre we were very excited.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeall said:

@AlpacaBag we booked an excursion from Le Havre going to the WWII Normandy beaches where the Canadian troops landed.  We had been wanting to do a Seine River cruise but it just wasn’t in our budget so when I spotted this British Isles cruise that had a stop in Le Havre we were very excited.  

One of our favorite excursions was the Normandy Beach trip we took from Le Havre.  We missed out on a Princess excursion but found an excellent tour company that gave us (group of 6) a great memory.  As it turns out, we were there the day before the 75th anniversary festivities.  There were ALL kinds of exhibits that came in from all over Europe such as tanks, troop carriers, amphibious boats...you name it.  We'll never forget this trip!

20190604_113309.jpg

20190604_114752.jpg

20190604_120211.jpg

20190604_121351.jpg

20190604_124614.jpg

20190604_125058.jpg

20190604_125142.jpg

20190604_132707.jpg

• Like 1