Caviar on QE in QG

e&mcruise

Hi Cunarders,

Can anyone tell me if the Caviar option available on room service menu can be ordered elsewhere on the ship? Also, anyone know the type of Caviar served?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 11.02.11 pm.png

3 minutes ago, daisybel said:

Also enjoy it for our first dinner on board We order it at lunch time together with Dover Sole. On QE shortly so will ask! 

Don’t like caviar, but I nearly always have the Dover Sole the first night too. 🙂

Sorry folks, I may not have been clear. I meant can you order it in say the Grills Lounge or the Commodore to enjoy (paying for it as per room service) not for eating in Queens Grill restaurant at meal times.

16 hours ago, e&mcruise said:

Sorry folks, I may not have been clear. I meant can you order it in say the Grills Lounge or the Commodore to enjoy (paying for it as per room service) not for eating in Queens Grill restaurant at meal times.

Yes certainly you can. I have occasionally treated myself to Caviar in the Gin Fizz bar ( pre dinner drinks) usually when I sail on my Birthday,  however, it is less hassle to 'pre order' ( an hour or two)  from your stateroom telephone indicating the 'Venue and Time' you expect to arrive. Just make sure that the person on the other end of the telephone at room service understands that your request is to be delivered to a 'Public Venue' of your choice. The first time I requested Caviar 'outside of the Grills' it was delivered to the stateroom where the crew member was unable to gain access  - confusion all around .      

7 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Yes certainly you can. I have occasionally treated myself to Caviar in the Gin Fizz bar ( pre dinner drinks) usually when I sail on my Birthday,  however, it is less hassle to 'pre order' ( an hour or two)  from your stateroom telephone indicating the 'Venue and Time' you expect to arrive. Just make sure that the person on the other end of the telephone at room service understands that your request is to be delivered to a 'Public Venue' of your choice. The first time I requested Caviar 'outside of the Grills' it was delivered to the stateroom where the crew member was unable to gain access  - confusion all around .      

Thanks Bell Boy, exactly what I was hoping to confirm. 🙂

8 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

'pre order' ( an hour or two)  from your stateroom telephone indicating the 'Venue and Time' you expect to arrive.

Wow, great information, would never have thought to do that.

Thanks

Jack

8 hours ago, Jack E Dawson said:

Wow, great information, would never have thought to do that.

Thanks

Jack

On arrival into your preferred venue, double check with the Bar Staff if your ordered has previously arrived. Often in the past it was in the little pantry ( back of the Bar) having been delivered slightly earlier.

From personal experience, find a quiet corner of your chosen venue to enjoy it in peace .  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1