Overnight in Livorna - What time do we need to return?

LEMlrm

Hi...we are on the Escape this June and will be at the Livorno port for two days. Is there a curfew for the first evening we are there? I don't see a return time on the itinerary and wonder if we can return later in the evening.

Thanks~

Lynnea

11 minutes ago, UKstages said:

typically, no curfew. come and go as you please.

(never been to livorno, but i can't imagine it's different than any other port.)

It isn't any different. Quite a lot of people use the opportunity to overnight in Florence, for example.

• Like 1

One problem with returning "at any time" is that it is often dependent on when the "port gates" are manned.   Some ports close the "port gates" between, say, 10pm and 6am.   If you want to stay out late that would be what you will need to check.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

One problem with returning "at any time" is that it is often dependent on when the "port gates" are manned.   Some ports close the "port gates" between, say, 10pm and 6am.   If you want to stay out late that would be what you will need to check.

This is a good point. I don't believe that it is a problem at Livorno (which is a busy port that I think is open 24 hours anyway), but I assume it could be a problem in some places.

Always a good idea to check specifics, which the OP is doing here, but I would also double check onboard.

Having said that, we have done quite a few overnights, and have never come across any restrictions.

6 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

This is a good point. I don't believe that it is a problem at Livorno (which is a busy port that I think is open 24 hours anyway), but I assume it could be a problem in some places.

Always a good idea to check specifics, which the OP is doing here, but I would also double check onboard.

Having said that, we have done quite a few overnights, and have never come across any restrictions.

Thanks! I plan to ask on board for sure. 

2 hours ago, LEMlrm said:

Thanks! I plan to ask on board for sure. 

Also there is a shuttle bus at Livorno from the port to the town so check when that is running if you intend to use it.