Assistance please Indonesian visa for cruise

Hi guy01, P&O have just informed the Pacifica Adventure passengers that we will be given free access to WiFi, 3 days out from arrival, to enable them to complete the Singapore Arrival form.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the good information on this thread.  

We are cruising to Singapore out of Brisbane next year on the Crown & will have to look into what visa & entry requirements we'll need.

I hope I can find my way back to this thread when needed.

6 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Thanks for all the good information on this thread.  

We are cruising to Singapore out of Brisbane next year on the Crown & will have to look into what visa & entry requirements we'll need.

I hope I can find my way back to this thread when needed.

We are off to Bali for a week in June then on a cruise in November...will have to do all this twice.

As an Aust citizen, I visited Singapore from 13 to 16 Feb 24 from the P&O ship Pacific Adventure.  I completed the Singapore Arrival Card ( ICA | SG Arrival Card ) through the ship WiFi system before arrival.  The WiFi was provided free by the ship three-day out from Singapore.  No-one asked to see the card on arrival, but of-course it was available to them via their system.  With respect to applying for the B1 Indonesian visa ( The Official eVisa website for Indonesia (imigrasi.go.id) ).  This was a little difficult to apply for.  For ship/cruise entry to Bali, use "Port Benoa" as your address and "80361" as the code (all other application entries automatically fill) when completing the visa application (cost $AU 50).  A QR code is then provided.   The visa QR code was checked as we went through entry/exit customs/border patrol. Make sure you use good quality photos of your passport and self. You need both a JPEG and PDF copy depending on their instructions.  When applying for the SG Arrival card and the Indonesian Visa, always check the sites before completing the instructions to see whether the countries have changed their requirements. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all - my husband and I are going on the Indonesian adventure P&O cruise in April. I have sucessfully negociated the address - thanks all! but now I get to the 'Return Ticket' area.

what do I put here?

• 3 months later...

I have been able to process my Visa application but when I get to payment and put in my Mastercard details it states that to prevent fraud Mastercard requires an identity check which a 6 digit number was sent to my mobile.I even tried a second Mastercard and the same message came up. I am unable to actually type in the 6 digit verification code in the rectangular box- it just looks a light grey colour.

Any ideas as to how I add this code to proceed with the payment.

Also it doesn't state anywhere on the application as to our arrival date!!!!

We are on the HAL Westerdam 35n Circumnavigation of Australia and will be in Komodo on 30th November and Benoa on the 1st December 2024.

Do you think that I am applying too early or does the Visa start the day that we arrive in Indonesia?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Jenny

My cruise will be docking in Lembar Indonesia in November 2024 and my TA has told me that I can only apply 14 days in advance. I was hoping to apply a lot earlier in advance as I am staying in Singapore before cruising to Lember and wanted it all sorted well before leaving Australia.

Edited by JohnGc

13 hours ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

I have been able to process my Visa application but when I get to payment and put in my Mastercard details it states that to prevent fraud Mastercard requires an identity check which a 6 digit number was sent to my mobile.I even tried a second Mastercard and the same message came up. I am unable to actually type in the 6 digit verification code in the rectangular box- it just looks a light grey colour.

Any ideas as to how I add this code to proceed with the payment.

Also it doesn't state anywhere on the application as to our arrival date!!!!

We are on the HAL Westerdam 35n Circumnavigation of Australia and will be in Komodo on 30th November and Benoa on the 1st December 2024.

Do you think that I am applying too early or does the Visa start the day that we arrive in Indonesia?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Jenny

Have you checked your Roll Call yet? This is where Indonesian visa problems/glitches/quirks, are often discussed. That's where I got my info (most of which I've now forgotten) when I did the same cruise in 2023.

On 6/24/2024 at 12:05 AM, JohnGc said:

My cruise will be docking in Lembar Indonesia in November 2024 and my TA has told me that I can only apply 14 days in advance. I was hoping to apply a lot earlier in advance as I am staying in Singapore before cruising to Lember and wanted it all sorted well before leaving Australia.

I hope that is not true.  I will be on 32 day cruise so would be impossible.

10 minutes ago, harbourside said:

I hope that is not true.  I will be on 32 day cruise so would be impossible.

I did read some time ago that a person on a long cruise was granted free wifi while on board to apply for the VOA on line before arriving in Indonesia. I have tried to clarify on the official Indonesia site but I am still confused on how far in advance you can apply. At this stage I can only go by what my TA has quoted. I was hoping some one who has had recent experience in applying could confirm.

As per the official Indonesian Government website- The validity period of Visitor Visa is 90 days.

We are on the HAL Westerdam Circumnavigation of Australia cruise in November and we will be in Komodo on 30th November and Benoa on 1st December. I intend to apply for our Visas in early September.

You should be fine to apply for your Visa before you leave NZ.

2 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

As per the official Indonesian Government website- The validity period of Visitor Visa is 90 days.

We are on the HAL Westerdam Circumnavigation of Australia cruise in November and we will be in Komodo on 30th November and Benoa on 1st December. I intend to apply for our Visas in early September.

You should be fine to apply for your Visa before you leave NZ.

Will be interested in hearing if you have any problems applying for visa. I am also on a Circumnavigation cruise in January but with Viking. 

Just as a heads up- it is better to get all your documentation prepared before you start the online process.

You will need 1. A copy of your passport (JPG file)

2. A copy of a recent passport size photo (JPG file)

3. Another copy of your passport  (pdf)

4. A copy of your itinerary that shows you leaving Indonesia  (pdf)

It is a bit of a lengthy and complicated procedure- but having these document prepared will speed things up.

Payment is 519000 Indonesian Rupiah (about AU $47.60 or NZ $51.80) and use a credit card that doesn't incur overseas transaction fees.

On our cruise HAL is going to charge your on board account US$60 (about AU$90) and seeing we are not getting off the ship for Komodo and possibly Benoa (have been to both before several times), then I thought I would get the Visas myself for half the price HAL is going to charge us.I will just take a printout of our Visas to guest services early in the cruise as proof .

Hope this helps.

12 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Just as a heads up- it is better to get all your documentation prepared before you start the online process.

You will need 1. A copy of your passport (JPG file)

2. A copy of a recent passport size photo (JPG file)

3. Another copy of your passport  (pdf)

4. A copy of your itinerary that shows you leaving Indonesia  (pdf)

It is a bit of a lengthy and complicated procedure- but having these document prepared will speed things up.

Payment is 519000 Indonesian Rupiah (about AU $47.60 or NZ $51.80) and use a credit card that doesn't incur overseas transaction fees.

On our cruise HAL is going to charge your on board account US$60 (about AU$90) and seeing we are not getting off the ship for Komodo and possibly Benoa (have been to both before several times), then I thought I would get the Visas myself for half the price HAL is going to charge us.I will just take a printout of our Visas to guest services early in the cruise as proof .

Hope this helps.

Why the two copies of passport and photo.  Do you also have to attach cruise itinerary??  Sounds like a nightmare

During the process it actually tells you what sort of file it requires (yes, we thought it was annoying also!) and they require documentation to show that you are leaving Indonesia. We cut and pasted an itinerary that showed all our ports (as a pdf) and it liked what we had done👍

If all of your information is what they require then you get a Transaction Number and you can proceed to payment,

The application is only active for 24 hours. The application that we practiced on yesterday has now expired.

When we reapply in October, we will know what to do so the process should be pretty straightforward.

4 minutes ago, Malex02 said:

Hi aussiecruise66, A correction to your comments, always check the country visa website prior to going on your trip. Between now (June 24) and October, the country may change the process or add additional fees or requirements.

Wish they would drop the visa requirement.  Dropped it for USA.  Why not for Aussies and NZ

43 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

During the process it actually tells you what sort of file it requires (yes, we thought it was annoying also!) and they require documentation to show that you are leaving Indonesia. We cut and pasted an itinerary that showed all our ports (as a pdf) and it liked what we had done👍

If all of your information is what they require then you get a Transaction Number and you can proceed to payment,

The application is only active for 24 hours. The application that we practiced on yesterday has now expired.

When we reapply in October, we will know what to do so the process should be pretty straightforward.

When they ask for address staying at what do you put.  We are in Komodo first then Bali????

Does the site accept port addresses???

Sorry forgot about that question.

For address put- Bali Cruise Terminal

Postcode- we put in 80361 and the address details will autofill.

As suggested in the earlier posts if 80361 doesn’t work with the autofill information then try 80362 or 80222. 

Hope I haven’t missed any other questions, just ask if I did.

14 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Sorry forgot about that question.

For address put- Bali Cruise Terminal

Postcode- we put in 80361 and the address details will autofill.

As suggested in the earlier posts if 80361 doesn’t work with the autofill information then try 80362 or 80222. 

Hope I haven’t missed any other questions, just ask if I did.

Can I use Bali as address even though first Port is Komodo.