Live From Celebrity Reflection: 6 Day Caribbean 1/28-2/3/24

jam19872016

30 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

They have those beautiful areas to sit in both The Hideaway and Library but they are open to the Foyer and they become unusable for sitting amd relaxing any time in the evening as there is either an event or a DJ. 

thanks, that's fine with me, since I only plan on reading during the day. We'll have other fun in the evening.

31 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Unusable on sea days as there is an art auction or trivia event most of the day.

well, darn 🙂

29 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Promenade deck is definitely your best bet for quiet reading spot. There is background music still for some odd reason, but it is turned down low and it is overall much quieter and relaxed out here.

yay!

25 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Cafe al bacio treats. Included and always so tasty.

can't wait!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

thanks, that's fine with me, since I only plan on reading during the day. We'll have other fun in the evening.

well, darn 🙂

yay!

can't wait!

Don't forget you get a free scoop of gelato too 😋. I'm going to redeem mine this afternoon so probably no more room for al bacio gooidies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Free scoop of Gelato.... I always seem to forget about that CC Elite perk until the last day of the Cruise!

I know I'm not alone as there always seems to be a line at the gelato counter on the last day!

Lucky for me my Wife doesn't  like sweets and I get Her Scoop also!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Free scoop of Gelato.... I always seem to forget about that CC Elite perk until the last day of the Cruise!

I know I'm not alone as there always seems to be a line at the gelato counter on the last day!

Lucky for me my Wife doesn't  like sweets and I get Her Scoop also!

I forget too. I've left it before because I don't think about it 😆.

Best benefit that you earn at classic and so many of us seem to forget.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I love sprouts, but ugh. There is a disgusting dish that people make over here with Christmas dinner leftovers, such as sprouts, called bubble and squeak. It reminds me of that. 

Too funny. I LOVE bubble and squeak. Our garden provides cabbage and potatoes for it 😊

• Like 2

Lunch was quite nice today. I don't usually have trouble with portion control at cruise ships buffets. Mostly mystery stews and casseroles but this was a nice array of selections to choose from.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I luuuuurve sweets, but if my kid wants it, I'll give him my scoop... Are there many flavors?

No need for mamma bird to share, baby bird should qualify for a free scoop too. Tell him to get his own 😆

Looks like 10 flavors to choose from. May need to zoom in to see them, or borrow my champagne goggles. 

20240202_141804.thumb.jpg.38e0d4dfa61a9564369e67d65932ab16.jpg

20240202_141808.thumb.jpg.df92c571ad053f1c7fc737f0475a4cf8.jpg

Toppings cost extra.

20240202_141814.thumb.jpg.31b01b698e7b666f1653db548a22d836.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

No need for mamma bird to share, baby bird should qualify for a free scoop too. Tell him to get his own 😆

Looks like 10 flavors to choose from. May need to zoom in to see them, or borrow my champagne goggles. 

Kids under 18 years old do not get CC perks/benefits as they aren't allowed to join the CC until they are 18 years old. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Would you like to give details of contents - or can’t you tell?

Challenge accepted 😆 

Starting at 12 o clock on the plate was tomato and mozzarella. Not my favorite needed some balsamic or something I guess, just didn't have any flavor. I blame whoever plated it.

Then we got spaghetti and meatballs which was really good. Nicely sauced and big hunks of beef. My server picked out a few meatballs for me from the pan so he redeemed himself from the balsamic incident.

Hiding beneath the bed of spaghetti was a polenta fry. I expected something similar to the polenta fries royal Caribbean serves but this was very different and not good. I didn't finish it.

Also hiding down here was a ham amd cheese arancini. Not a big ham fan but you couldn't tell with the other flavors. Nice gooey cheese I side amd a great crispy fry to the ball of rice. Very good.

Then we have mushroom risotto which was definitely leftover surprise from last nights dinner but still so so good. Glad I got this after not ordering it last night. Very creamy taste and remains one of the best risotto I've ever had. 

Finally we have burrata. It was burrata. It was good though and much better than my tomato mozzarella. 

For dessert there was chocolate cake which was nice and rich but just slightly too dry I'm some spots.

Tiramisu which was very good although the booze taste was a little strong for me.

Finally a ricotta cake which was Devine but unfortunately at the end of the dish so I could only get a sliver instead of a proper piece.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, doghog said:

Kids under 18 years old do not get CC perks/benefits as they aren't allowed to join the CC until they are 18 years old. 

Boooo.

Ok maybe baby bird doesn't need to know about it then 😄

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I luuuuurve sweets, but if my kid wants it, I'll give him my scoop... Are there many flavors?

Maybe 5 or 6.

Be sure to Ask if the one you want IS Gelato.

Last time I saw Mango and the nice lady Told me That one is Sorbet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D. B. said:

Maybe 5 or 6.

Be sure to Ask if the one you want IS Gelato.

Last time I saw Mango and the nice lady Told me That one is Sorbet.

I think I got mango last time. For whatever reason that was what I was craving flavor wise but I didn't care for it, maybe that was why. 

I'm thinking hazelnut tonight.

• Like 2

How bout some more food pictures. 

I stopped by the dinner buffet and got some pictures of the selections a few times. While I'm not a big buffet kinda person, they do have a large selection to choose from.

From night 1

20240128_180729.thumb.jpg.0a822381f001d26be1a17326d1b974f1.jpg

20240128_180725.thumb.jpg.632cc0c3dd14ab7d6427ea96014c2260.jpg

20240128_180734.thumb.jpg.af6fdbf0645aff66db5d5ee5bbacdc55.jpg

They had a stir fry section each night.

20240128_180819.thumb.jpg.b6735d19b91ccb90fbc0c0bfac6835c6.jpg

20240128_180824.thumb.jpg.8ce670eebe865276ab64453298b88061.jpg

20240128_180826.thumb.jpg.86bd48e3cee6eae9dbe36c93ca602ed7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1