Captain's Club Elite benefits question

DonnaK

28 minutes ago, gerif said:

I am also Elite due to having Diamond status on Royal Caribbean and will be sailing with a friend who does not have status. I know that I can share my included drinks with her on Royal, but how would this work on Celebrity? Neither of us is a big drinker. 

Unlike Royal's program, the rules on Celebrity's HH doesn't allow sharing. Having said that, do people in your situation get another drink 5 minutes later and give it to the other person? Of course people do. So it depends on whether one abides by the rules or bends them. That's not for me to say. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, doghog said:

Except the first evening. Is that a challenge? 🤣🍻

No, not a challenge. My point is that on RCI we as Diamond+ get 5 drinks anytime during the day at most places and in the MDR. Those 5 drinks will last me all day. So, I don't have to buy a beverage package or sit around for 2 hours trying to get as many drinks as I can free. There is no menu that I must choose from either. 

Have a drink on me  DogHog! We must have one together the next time we cruise together. 

Happy Cruising!!

1 minute ago, Oxo said:

No, not a challenge. My point is that on RCI we as Diamond+ get 5 drinks anytime during the day at most places and in the MDR. Those 5 drinks will last me all day. So, I don't have to buy a beverage package or sit around for 2 hours trying to get as many drinks as I can free. There is no menu that I must choose from either. 

Have a drink on me  DogHog! We must have one together the next time we cruise together. 

Happy Cruising!!

I have to agree that the Royal way, for us, is preferable. TBH there were many nights we didn't use all of our drink coupons, even when we were traveling with family members who didn't have status or a drink package. I think the best thing is that it applies to any drink and you pay the difference if it's over the limit of the voucher. I place that number one and availability to use throughout the day as number two why it's better than the Celebrity way. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Happy Cruising!!

Glad that wasn't a challenge as I thru my drinking funnel away many years ago. 🤣 

We enjoy our five CAS drinks thru out the day and evening also. The last time we bought a BP(s) on RC was 2019. A B2B cruise on the Freedom.

If we ever meet. Cheers. 🍻

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Just now, doghog said:

Glad that wasn't5 a challenge as I thru my drinking funnel away many years ago. 🤣 We enjoy our five CAS drinks thru out the day and evening also. The last time we bought a BP(s) on RC was 2019. A B2B cruise on the Freedom.

If we ever meet. Cheers. 🍻

Cheers Mate!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I have to agree that the Royal way, for us, is preferable. TBH there were many nights we didn't use all of our drink coupons, even when we were traveling with family members who didn't have status or a drink package. I think the best thing is that it applies to any drink and you pay the difference if it's over the limit of the voucher. I place that number one and availability to use throughout the day as number two why it's better than the Celebrity way. 

Totally agree with you! it is a shame that others don't want this change on X. Different strokes for different folks. It was a battle when this change was suggested on RCI years ago, too. However, now most people find this very accommodating for them.  

Happy Cruising!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oxo said:

Totally agree with you! it is a shame that others don't want this change on X. Different strokes for different folks. It was a battle when this change was suggested on RCI years ago, too. However, now most people find this very accommodating for them.  

Happy Cruising!!

I agree. It's also nice that you can order drinks in the dining venues and theater using the CAS drinks loaded on the Seapass cards. 

Just now, doghog said:

I agree. It's also nice that you can order drinks in the dining venues and theater using the CAS drinks loaded on the Seapass cards. 

With all these options, why wouldn't someone not want to have this changed on X?

I have suggested this many times on here to no avail. Their loss.

Have a great day!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

With all these options, why wouldn't someone not want to have this changed on X?

Have a great day!

I have also. Even sent an email to the executive office and Cc CC Loyalty Department, Miami. A lot of blah, blah, blah. Also I have mentioned it on our PCS. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  

35 minutes ago, doghog said:

I have also. Even sent an email to the executive office and Cc CC Loyalty Department, Miami. A lot of blah, blah, blah. Also I have mentioned it on our PCS. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  

Surprising that those X on here have no comments on these latest postings.

Apparently, no change is a good change. 

2 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

OXO is the one who wants Celebrity to be like RCL 😉

I was talking about you. Not Oxo.

Not seeing that Oxo is complaining.  Oxo has made a few comments, suggestions, recommendations on how and expressing their opinion what they feel the CC can improve/change. Oxo's opinion. Same with RCs CAS program. I agree. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

I am a long time X cruiser and think the drink coupons are a better idea. 
Dont moan about it here, write to Celebrity.

Have you? I have. No change. Voicing here on CC might get others to contact Celebrity. It's been done for other issues/changes that weren't popular. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

OXO is the one who wants Celebrity to be like RCL 😉

Where do I say the I want x to be like RCI?

Don't you think you would have more flexibility with drink during the entire day rather than 2 hours from 5-7?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, maggie.1008 said:

I am a long time X cruiser and think the drink coupons are a better idea. 
Dont moan about it here, write to Celebrity.

Who is moaning? Isn't the purpose of these forums  to make suggestions and provide info? 

A suggestion is not moaning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Complaining on Cruise Critic is like complaining about the weather 🤣

Complaining vs statement?

Change one thing makes X RCI?

Please! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were on Apex in September, we opted to try without a package as port intensive, decent OBC ,and Elite status. I was fine with limited choice , some cocktails/ G & T,  red wine for hubby, but felt like 2nd class citizens in the martini bar, the glasses are smaller than usual serves too. Eden was wonderful, and we had a lovely server most evenings, who always brought our usual, and was  tipped during and end of cruise for service.

Luckily I have  'A brass neck' as they say in Scotland, and ordered one after the other so at 18.55, had lots lined up.

On 1/28/2024 at 2:22 PM, baljaffray said:

We were on Apex in September, we opted to try without a package as port intensive, decent OBC ,and Elite status. I was fine with limited choice , some cocktails/ G & T,  red wine for hubby, but felt like 2nd class citizens in the martini bar, the glasses are smaller than usual serves too. Eden was wonderful, and we had a lovely server most evenings, who always brought our usual, and was  tipped during and end of cruise for service.

Luckily I have  'A brass neck' as they say in Scotland, and ordered one after the other so at 18.55, had lots lined up.

Who made you feel inferior at the Marini Bar, staff or fellow passengers?  Was anyone actually comparing the size of their glassware to yours?

On 1/28/2024 at 5:21 PM, Oxo said:

Have a great day!

Why? Because at least for us X's system is way better. We don't drink alcohol and get unlimited lattes/teas/ chocolate throughout the day. During happy hour we get enough water to last the next day plus the occasional soda/tonic/ginger ale all in unopened cans. We pick up juices on the way in to dinner.

7 hours ago, the penguins said:

Why? Because at least for us X's system is way better. We don't drink alcohol and get unlimited lattes/teas/ chocolate throughout the day. During happy hour we get enough water to last the next day plus the occasional soda/tonic/ginger ale all in unopened cans. We pick up juices on the way in to dinner.

Thank you for your feedback. Since you don't drink alcohol this does not really apply to you. You would still get your get unlimited lattes/teas/ chocolate throughout the day.

During that 2 hours how many waters plus the occasional soda/tonic/ginger ale all in unopened cans and juices do you get that 2 hours  on the way in to dinner?

Remember, there are more than you two and us on this ship. So, how would changing the time from 2 hours to x number all day affect all the others on this ship out of approximately 3,000 passengers?

Consider others who may want this change.

Cheers Mate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Thank you for your feedback. Since you don't drink alcohol this does not really apply to you. You would still get your get unlimited lattes/teas/ chocolate throughout the day.

During that 2 hours how many waters plus the occasional soda/tonic/ginger ale all in unopened cans and juices do you get that 2 hours  on the way in to dinner?

Remember, there are more than you two and us on this ship. So, how would changing the time from 2 hours to x number all day affect all the others on this ship out of approximately 3,000 passengers?

Consider others who may want this change.

Cheers Mate!

sorry - you wanted the Royal system which doesn't give us any free lattes or sodas or juice other than to use our drinks coupons i.e. 4 or 5 drinks a day.

Now you want  X to have a system that gives you the alcohol but also retains our free lattes.

Your question was why would anyone not want the Royal system and I explained why. X seems to agree with me.

When we choose Royal we accept that system, when we choose X  we accept that.

The same applies to the different systems for wifi, and laundry.

Also we don't get priority tendering on Royal.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, the penguins said:

sorry - you wanted the Royal system which doesn't give us any free lattes or sodas or juice other than to use our drinks coupons i.e. 4 or 5 drinks a day.

Now you want  X to have a system that gives you the alcohol but also retains our free lattes.

Your question was why would anyone not want the Royal system and I explained why. X seems to agree with me.

When we choose Royal we accept that system, when we choose X  we accept that.

The same applies to the different systems for wifi, and laundry.

Also we don't get priority tendering on Royal.

Here's what we get on RCI: 

crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf