Special Indulgences?

My wife and I have enjoyed Regent travels for many years and delight in so many small indulgences that make the experience relaxing, delicious, and memorable.  Mornings with French Press coffee and a bear claw or Pain au chocolate in the Coffee Connection, fancy burgers at the Pool Grill, sorbet with a splash of Grand Mariner on the pool deck, finding a quiet corner in the library with some amazing coffee table books, a game of spades after dinner in the card room, pre dinner Bluetop Monopole in the Meridien Lounge, afternoon tea, and so much more.  

We will join the Splendor for seventeen days of Caribbean bliss in two weeks and, as you all know, the anticipation is nearly half the fun!  Please list some of your favorite things to do on the cruise so we can all enjoy our choice memories and til-next-times.  Happy trails!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

We sit on the top deck loungers in shorts and barefeet and drink wine and watch the stars...

Right up my alley, also with some music not from 1970, but not loud enough to offend others.  

We really like getting a drink in Prime 7, nice and quiet.  We also like to take that drink over to Chartreuse and order the potato chip thing to enjoy with the drink.  We have gotten push back on getting those wonderful chips, but we have always gotten them! 

1 minute ago, irishwitchy said:

Right up my alley, also with some music not from 1970, but not loud enough to offend others.  

We really like getting a drink in Prime 7, nice and quiet.  We also like to take that drink over to Chartreuse and order the potato chip thing to enjoy with the drink.  We have gotten push back on getting those wonderful chips, but we have always gotten them! 

They will bring you a bag of chips if you ask. 😇

I've always wondered whether it was cool to walk in to the little bars at Chartreuse and Prime 7 for an evening cocktail even without plans to have dinner there that night. Can I assume they are happy to have visitors?

3 minutes ago, OrthoCruiser said:

I've always wondered whether it was cool to walk in to the little bars at Chartreuse and Prime 7 for an evening cocktail even without plans to have dinner there that night. Can I assume they are happy to have visitors?

That is no problem at all - they are happy to have you

Edited by Nachosdelux

3 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

Ooo please tell me more about the "potato chip thing!" A specialty of some sort? Available only in Chartreuse? A whole bag??

I'd like to surprise my DH--a true potato chip lover!
Thanks!

Nah...just the regular chips from the little white holders. I've been given a bag "to go" before.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Nah...just the regular chips from the little white holders. I've been given a bag "to go" before.

You want to order the Pommes Gaufrettes from the Chartreuse menu.  They are a waffle cut potato chip and  don’t come out of a bag.  Get two orders,  they are very good!  

Eating breakfast in the cabin (and enjoying tea -- coffee in DH's case -- out on the veranda).  DH loves mid-morning coffee and a fruit tart at Coffee Connection.  I usually have a cup of tea (unless I woke up really early; then I will have an espresso), but no tarts or cookies for me.  I love afternoon tea, but I try not to eat all the goodies they serve.  I just sample them.  A bite of what I like.  

25 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

You want to order the Pommes Gaufrettes from the Chartreuse menu.  They are a waffle cut potato chip and  don’t come out of a bag.  Get two orders,  they are very good!  

Are you able to order these at the Chartreuse bar with a cocktail, or is this just a dining room item??

43 minutes ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

Are you able to order these at the Chartreuse bar with a cocktail, or is this just a dining room item??

No one is usually tending the bar in Chartreuse, so we go to Prime 7 and get our drinks.   We normally ask the host to get the chips for us.   Like I said sometimes they have told me no, but I have asked nicely a second time and have received them a few minutes later.  We may or may not be staying for dinner.  

18 hours ago, OrthoCruiser said:

My wife and I have enjoyed Regent travels for many years and delight in so many small indulgences that make the experience relaxing, delicious, and memorable.  Mornings with French Press coffee and a bear claw or Pain au chocolate in the Coffee Connection, fancy burgers at the Pool Grill, sorbet with a splash of Grand Mariner on the pool deck, finding a quiet corner in the library with some amazing coffee table books, a game of spades after dinner in the card room, pre dinner Bluetop Monopole in the Meridien Lounge, afternoon tea, and so much more.  

We will join the Splendor for seventeen days of Caribbean bliss in two weeks and, as you all know, the anticipation is nearly half the fun!  Please list some of your favorite things to do on the cruise so we can all enjoy our choice memories and til-next-times.  Happy trails!

Ortho  (and all who are on this cruise), we are having an impromptu get together at the Splendor Pool Bar at 5PM on Sail Away day. Do join us!

Edited by Aloha 1

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

Ortho  (and all who are on this cruise), we are having an impromptu get together at the Splendor Pool Bar at 5PM on Sail Away day. Do join us!

Sounds fun!  See you soon!

Croque Madame's in Chartreuse another favorite!

Edited by OrthoCruiser

5 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

CRONUTS in Coffee Connection... enough said! 😎

They have them at La Veranda in the mornings too.

Edited by GMIAC
  • Like 1