Beer price increase to $11 for moist, so $1 (+20%tip) surcharge over the Classic package (pic)

fstuff1

3 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Usually between £5–£7.

In May in Wembley Stadium a pint of lager was £7.

I came back from Spain last week,,in bars and eateries you could get x5 bottles of Amstel in a bucket of ice for €5.5 or 5 Cours or Corona for €7.5.

On a P&O ship a 440ml can of Guinness is £5.05,,,,last year on Silhouette it was $11?
A 50ml Makers Mark on P&O is £6.95,,how much on Celebrity?

£7 is about $12.40 CAD , £5 = $9CAD , so about the same as in Canada , still to rich for me 😉😁

I have been on all classes of Celebrity ships on itineraries in the Caribbean and Europe, and I have never had a problem getting a kettle for my stateroom. On one ship the room steward was reluctant but said he would ask his supervisor and it was delivered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorimay said:

I have been on all classes of Celebrity ships on itineraries in the Caribbean and Europe, and I have never had a problem getting a kettle for my stateroom. On one ship the room steward was reluctant but said he would ask his supervisor and it was delivered.

Thank you, good to know. And if they refuse then just ask for it to be kept safe until the end of cruise I suppose.

1 minute ago, LaPrincipiante said:

Btw, can I just say that the forum seems really friendly. Not a single snide remark on what I thought might be a silly question, which is absolutely great 🤗 

Just don’t mention tips or dress code!!!

Seriously, it is an amazingly friendly forum, one you can read for pleasure and interest as well as to ask questions on.

2 hours ago, lorimay said:

Hi

There are 1400 ish cabins on Apex,,,,sailing from Southampton for summer season every cabin has a kettle/coffee/ tea etc with milk..

What happens to all these kettles when the ship sails back across to the US for winter?

You would think steward would just go to the stores and get one.

Or just leave them in the cabins.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

39 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Just don’t mention tips or dress code!!!

Seriously, it is an amazingly friendly forum, one you can read for pleasure and interest as well as to ask questions on.

Thanks for the warning 😉 I won't mention tips then; wherever the subject comes up, it always stirs up a heated discussion...

1 minute ago, LaPrincipiante said:

Thanks for the warning 😉 I won't mention tips then; wherever the subject comes up, it always stirs up a heated discussion...

Don't mention Infinite Veranda staterooms either. Those threads really bring out the loonies 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LaPrincipiante said:

Thank you, good to know. And if they refuse then just ask for it to be kept safe until the end of cruise I suppose.

Think there may be some confusion there.  If you bring your own, you'll definitely be asked to have it held for you during the cruise.  Should you then request one, the kettle they'd bring to your cabin won't be yours - it will be one that Celebrity provides and approves.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

There are 1400 ish cabins on Apex,,,,sailing from Southampton for summer season every cabin has a kettle/coffee/ tea etc with milk..

What happens to all these kettles when the ship sails back across to the US for winter?

You would think steward would just go to the stores and get one.

Or just leave them in the cabins.

Jolly good question.  We may finally get an answer to this and several other similar long-standing 'storage' questions on our next cruise.  If things go as presently planned, we're going to be doing a little family tour on Constellation that will be a bit more 'behind the scenes' than the usual 'behind the scenes' tour.  If we spot them, we'll report back!

I thought this thread was about beer pricing??

I've never seen a tea kettle on a Celebrity ship , even when sailing from Southhampton.

Besides, no self respecting beer drinker I know drink tea....It's coffee or nothing for me

Now where is my personal coffee pot in my room hiding??

LOL

4 minutes ago, highway180 said:

I thought this thread was about beer pricing??

I've never seen a tea kettle on a Celebrity ship , even when sailing from Southhampton.

Besides, no self respecting beer drinker I know drink tea....It's coffee or nothing for me

Now where is my personal coffee pot in my room hiding??

LOL

Always in your room when cruising from Southampton…perhaps you were enjoying beer too much to notice! Coffee makers we have had in PH…

Just now, chemmo said:

Always in your room when cruising from Southampton…perhaps you were enjoying beer too much to notice! Coffee makers we have had in PH…

You may have a point!

I honestly never noticed on our last TA, which was pre Covid, sailing in lowly AQ, where there was, at least back then, daily Ice Tea

Cheers

• Like 1