Voyager vibration - Cat C Aft Penthouse Suites.

Our schedules have aligned and I would now be able to book a possible Voyager trip for later this year.  The cruise I'm looking at is quite heavily booked, but one of the categories that popped up a few days ago was the Cat. C Penthouse.  It all looked very interesting but I was slightly unnerved to see every cabin in this category (C aft Penthouse) was showing available when I started looking.  I recall seeing threads a while ago about the vibration issues in this category and area of the ship, and I'm hesitant to book if Regent has been keeping these cabins out of inventory until now.  Even with a potential issue of vibration, this should still be a prime real estate location on any vessel.

Can any recent cruisers give me any current feedback on potential noise and vibration issues?  I'm blowing hot and cold on this one and I can't make my mind up.

Different people have different sensibilities about vibration, so I can't definitively advise you.
For me, vibration on Voyager is trivial, but I know of some folks for whom it is a problem.
Now, if you were considering a cruise on Navigator, she has a much more serious vibration issue aft. It didn't significantly bother me, but I would advise you to me even more cautious about that ship.

IMO the vibration at the rear of Voyager is minimal and only occurs in certain sea states or when manoeuvring in port.

The PHC suites are unfortunately only the same size as the basic suites (H-D), but the balcony is larger. Certainly not as good as the excellent Horizon suites in the same location on Mariner.

Have a look at the relevant spreadsheet on SuiteGuru for reviews from other CC members.

We enjoyed our PHC on Voyager because the larger balcony was important to us. The vibration is noticeable but not disturbing to us. Others may be bothered. Totally agree about Navigator! One and done for us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CardowMD said:

How far aft do you start noticing the vibration on Navigator? 

We have been on Navigator many times always in front of front elevators, but I would say I wouldn’t book past the rear elevators. 

• Like 1

This is info from a Voyager cruise many years ago, so it (hopefully ) is not relevant today. On a cruise though the Panama Canal, we were upgraded to horizon suite, which on his ship was right on the stern. These are very large one room suites with a huge balcony. When the ship cruised at about 20 knots he room shook..It was rather a serious problem. Forward of  is stern location, there were declining degrees of shaking, which disappeared at the location of the laundry room. So unless I hear firm info that this problem has been fixed, we will book only a suite forward of the laundry room on our deck. As I recall, all public areas were not  affected y this problem.