Ascent - Luminae question

Fantastic! Is it common to see this request or is it difficult for the wait staff ? I guess I want to make sure that I am not holding up the rest of my party while I order something from a main dining room (escargot, French onion soup, shrimp cocktail). Or from BLU (lobster, scallops etc.)

16 minutes ago, 018041 said:

Fantastic! Is it common to see this request or is it difficult for the wait staff ? I guess I want to make sure that I am not holding up the rest of my party while I order something from a main dining room (escargot, French onion soup, shrimp cocktail). Or from BLU (lobster, scallops etc.)

Can’t answer for the Ascent but on the other 3 E class ships we could get the Classic items in Luminae but not the daily rotating items from Blu or the MDR.  

21 minutes ago, 018041 said:

Most E class ships will not let you do that as their kitchens are literally at almost opposite ends of the ship. Haven't sailed Ascent.  Sometimes they may accommodate you if you give them a days notice 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 018041 said:

Luminae is on Deck 16 at the very front.  Blu is located on Deck 5 near the aft.  I don’t know if Blu’s kitchen is on deck 5 or located on a lower deck with the main kitchen, but either way it is quite a distance between Luminae and Blu. 

I've been on Ascent, they do not allow you to order from other menus, but they do have everyday items like shrimp cocktail that are offered but not on the menu.

Thank you. I have heard different answers to this question. A friend was just on Apex in aqua and they were able to get anything from any of the main dining rooms in BLU. So I was hoping the same was true for Luminae. I guess we will find out soon enough. 

41 minutes ago, 018041 said:

Thank you. I have heard different answers to this question. A friend was just on Apex in aqua and they were able to get anything from any of the main dining rooms in BLU. So I was hoping the same was true for Luminae. I guess we will find out soon enough. 

The 4 MDRs are located on Decks 3 & 4 directly below Blu very close proximity.