Alaska Itinerary Adjustment for "7-Day Inside Passage (with Glacier Bay National Park)"

Spoiltblonde

13 hours ago, TxChick51 said:

We didn’t see much point in going thru customs paperwork and getting off the ship just for a few hours. We decided leisurely final packing, dinner and relaxing aboard was more our cup of tea. No regrets.

Your idea sounds best and less frantic and hurried. Never saw Victoria but don't want to rush like a maniac to see merely a scrap of it either......phooey!

On 1/26/2024 at 4:55 PM, that said:

It happened all 2023 season as well

Yes, it happened on our cruise on Royal Princess in late June of last year (though the stated reason at that time was that there was a yacht in distress in the area, delaying our arrival - nobody was upset). We didn't want to disembark for a mere couple of hours, but we were treated to a great view of some Canada Day fireworks, which we enjoyed from the back of the Lido deck with some champagne!

• Like 2

On 1/26/2024 at 3:14 PM, Spoiltblonde said:

Thanks for your thoughts!  It seems really strange since there are around 20 sailings for 2024 from May through September with this change...and again for 2025.  I wouldn't think it would be tides or whale migration for ALL of those dates!  The amount of sailings with this unfavorable change has peaked my curiosity.  

Last year Canada implanted new rules for ships in their waters. Basically they had to sail at a lower speed to reduce risk to whales  It impacted schedules last year and I expect will continue to do so going forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a bit annoying. We are coming from Australia in May. Although I didn't book the cruise just to go to see the gardens it was one of the excursions I was really looking forward to.  I know I will be refunded the price I paid but it leaves a bit of a sour taste. 

This will be the 1st and only tine we will there. 

On 1/26/2024 at 9:25 PM, Outerdog said:

Pretty sure you can't go to Butchart and the Butterfly Gardens with that timeframe, but you'll still find this 4 hour excursion listed under the excursions tab. They'd probably let you book it too.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details/?voyageCode=X420

Your link brings up the front page of a cruise...not an excursion.

14 hours ago, Zeikah said:

It's a bit annoying. We are coming from Australia in May. Although I didn't book the cruise just to go to see the gardens it was one of the excursions I was really looking forward to.  I know I will be refunded the price I paid but it leaves a bit of a sour taste. 

This will be the 1st and only tine we will there. 

To be honest even if the time was as stated originally the visit to the gardens would have been pretty short and rushed.  Have stopped at Victoria several times on multiple cruise lines.  The stops have been shortened more often than not.

Edited by TRLD