Disembarking Sun Princess in Athens

Leeag

We will be disembarking Sun princess in Athens on September 7, 2024.  The itinerary shows we dock at 6 am, I have a full day tour scheduled with George’s Taxi.  They want to schedule a 7:30 am pick up time at the port.  Is that doable since our ship has 4,000 passengers.  Thanks for any input.

I have to purchase my own tickets for Acropolis and they want me to purchase the 8:00 to 9:00 am time slot, I guess I’m more concerned about those tickets if we run late.  Thanks for your input.

1 hour ago, Leeag said:

I have to purchase my own tickets for Acropolis and they want me to purchase the 8:00 to 9:00 am time slot, I guess I’m more concerned about those tickets if we run late.  Thanks for your input.

That is a question of perhaps booking too early for the Acropolis.  You should be allowing at least 20 minutes, more like 30 to get to the Acropolis. They will let you enter after 8am...

14 hours ago, Leeag said:

They want to schedule a 7:30 am pick up time at the port.  Is that doable since our ship has 4,000 passengers.

Should be doable as you will be docking and pax can walk off.  Had it been a tender operation that would have been different.

Edited by edinburgher

I actually like the early Acropolis time (very doable with your own taxi tour/driver).  It avoids the later crowds and also gets you to that site before the sun/heat makes many uncomfortable.  Pireaus is actually an efficiently run port, so getting off (and through the terminal) should not be a big problem.

Hank

• Like 1

I agree with Hank, and in addition, the earlier you can get to the Acropolis, the better experience you'll have. 

I do not think you'll have any problem getting off the ship by 7:30, and quite possibly earlier.