WTH? Question about Insurance

I’m so confused. I went onto insuremytrip.com and entered the ages for the 6 people in my family. Thought they wanted the ages of everyone when we are traveling, so entered 52, 54, 18, 13, 19, 21. When I finished getting quotes and chose a plan, it asked me to enter birthdates. Once I did it told me that there was a change in price due to the fact that three ages were different because right now the ages are 51, 53, 17, 13, 19, 21. The price went from $178 to $505, WTH! I checked on a different computer using our current ages and got the same $505+ prices. This makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would being 52, 54 & 18 be $300+ less than being 51, 53, 17? (Especially when we’ll actually be 52, 54, 18 when we actually travel)?

9 hours ago, dinkydee718 said:

I’m so confused. I went onto insuremytrip.com and entered the ages for the 6 people in my family. Thought they wanted the ages of everyone when we are traveling, so entered 52, 54, 18, 13, 19, 21. When I finished getting quotes and chose a plan, it asked me to enter birthdates. Once I did it told me that there was a change in price due to the fact that three ages were different because right now the ages are 51, 53, 17, 13, 19, 21. The price went from $178 to $505, WTH! I checked on a different computer using our current ages and got the same $505+ prices. This makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would being 52, 54 & 18 be $300+ less than being 51, 53, 17? (Especially when we’ll actually be 52, 54, 18 when we actually travel)?

The simple answer is "age matters!"  (Statistically speaking)

I would call the Trip Insurance Store and speak with either Steve or Kim.  They're both very knowledgeable about cruise insurance and will find the right plan for you and your family.  They're also there for you if you have an claim/issue and will work with you to get it resolved.  I also found their policies are usually less expensive and with better coverage.

• Like 1

I'm a little confused. When I use insuremytrip, I get a choice of many different policies. Did all of the policies increase in price, or just one particular one that you were looking at? Is there a different policy that you could choose, or did all of them go up? 

BTW, this just happened to me also but on the Geo Blue site. I put in the ages for travel but they needed the ages right now. That is so weird to me. Also, we needed insurance coverage for a new car recently, but for a different state, and got a quote - but then the car came in a few days sooner and we wanted to bump up the start date. The policy went up by over $100 per six months. If it had been a one time cost, we wouldn't have minded, but it would be $200+/year more, every year going forward. And they couldn't explain why - just that it did and there was no budging them. 

6 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

BTW, this just happened to me also but on the Geo Blue site. I put in the ages for travel but they needed the ages right now. That is so weird to me.

Hi jbrinkm,

Travel insurance is priced by your age on the day you buy the policy and not your future age.

I ask everyone that calls or emails us "How old are you today?" and they usually reply with "I'll be ____ when we take the trip."

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1