Valiant Lady / Live / Feb 3 - 10 2024

scubagal44

After Miss Behave, it was back to the cabin for a quick change into PJs for the PJ party. Hubby and I were both picked for the PJ "costume" party lol, neither of us won but it was fun. Now it's off to bed! Tomorrow is a sea day and we have Plate, Snap, Eat at 10. Should be fun! 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, scubagal44 said:

Stepping out the front door of the hotel and she's right there. 

20240203_104723.jpg

20240203_100732.jpg

We enjoyed staying at the Sheraton OSJ on our last San Juan embarkation. So convenient. This time we’re staying a few blocks away. Still plan on walking on Saturday morning. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sherry84 said:
17 hours ago, scubagal44 said:

They let SOR/DBE upstairs to check in at 1:45, and we were on the ship with drink in hand by 2pm. Woohoo!  Spent the last bit of time enjoying drinks, food, and booking everything. We got everything we wanted including some unexpected events I didn't even know existed (Champagne Bubbles and Fried Chicken Bites, I'm looking at you!!), so we're all set. 

I'm drinking a Grapevine from the Dock, this was my fav drink on my last sailing and I'm still loving it. Lots of bites here, too, and they did bring the mezze cart by, too. The falafel is yum! Ate it before I remembered to get a pic, oops. 

20240203_135543.jpg

20240203_135546.jpg

20240203_140957.jpg

20240203_141010.jpg

20240203_141256.jpg

20240203_141524.jpg

20240203_142513.jpg

They let SOR/DBE upstairs to check in at 1:45, and we were on the ship with drink in hand by 2pm. Woohoo!  Spent the last bit of time enjoying drinks, food, and booking everything

Where were you when you did your bookings?  In Miami I plopped down before even entering the ship itself to make all our resos.  Loving your review

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JandPB said:

We enjoyed staying at the Sheraton OSJ on our last San Juan embarkation. So convenient. This time we’re staying a few blocks away. Still plan on walking on Saturday morning. 

Yes, it was so convenient to everything! I would stay there again for the ease. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Where were you when you did your bookings?  In Miami I plopped down before even entering the ship itself to make all our resos.  Loving your review

We went to the Dock and did everything there. It was great to be accomplishing our tasks while enjoying bevvies and yummy bites. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from somewhere at sea! It's an absolutely gorgeous morning! Hubby has gone off for coffee while I had a bit of a lazy morning, though I'm up and getting ready now for the day. 

20240204_085236.jpg

• Like 12

I'm anticipating a super fun day here at sea! We'll be starting off with Plate, Snap, Eat which is an extra charge event with the Foodie at Test Kitchen. 

Bingo with the Diva is after that, so I'm sure we'll swing by there for some fun. 

Then I'll probably be ready for some hammock time on our glorious terrace, or who knows, maybe I'll find more mischief to keep me occupied. 

We'll go watch the seahorse auction at 4pm, we won't bid on any but we enjoy the festivities. It's always a good time! 

Pink Agave is for dinner, then Around the World with the Diva to close the night. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

Good morning from somewhere at sea! It's an absolutely gorgeous morning! Hubby has gone off for coffee while I had a bit of a lazy morning, though I'm up and getting ready now for the day. 

20240204_085236.jpg

Good morning, what a gorgeous view!

• Like 2

Love this review. Getting excited for our cruise in a little more than 6 weeks now. Really enjoy hearing about the activities and foods you enjoy. 

also love the balcony view you have this morning. Super jealous. That is my favorite thing to do on any cruise is sit on my balcony and read on sea days. We have SAS biggest terrace this trip and can’t wait to lounge there every day. 

• Like 2

Do all the activities in the app that are “book on board” go pretty quickly?  Sound like we should dedicate some time in the terminal or right after boarding to get all reservations set.  Would that be the best plan in your opinion?  We have DBE and 1:45 arrival time if that matters.

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Do all the activities in the app that are “book on board” go pretty quickly?

Some activities are for small groups, so they will fill up sooner than say Bingo which is held in the Red Room. My wife and I split things up. I book activities for the first half of the cruise, while she books for the 2nd half.

• Thanks 1

Hi thanks for this, fantastic preview for me as I am doing the same cruise in 4 weeks time, really enjoying following along. Just a question re arriving at the terminal - I have dbe - it doesn’t sound like there’s any real benefit to being there before 1:15 or even 1:30 -is that right? 

• Like 2

Plate, Snap, Eat was so fun! It was a bottomless brunch with Simon the Foodie and Maddie the Glow. Along with bottomless bubbles, we got to make and/or photograph our own interpretations of the avo toast from Razzle Dazzle, aguachiles from Pink Agave, macarons from the Galley, and esquites from Pink Agave. 

The bubbles were constantly flowing, and Simon and Maddie were great. After the workshop portion of the event, we of course got to sit down and eat everything.

20240204_100003.jpg

20240204_100202.jpg

20240204_101157.jpg

20240204_101211.jpg

20240204_115613.jpg

20240204_102019.jpg

20240204_103017.jpg

20240204_114346.jpg

20240204_105032.jpg

20240204_115654.jpg

20240204_115705.jpg

20240204_110702.jpg

20240204_120457.jpg

20240204_120509.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, herdfans4 said:

Love this review. Getting excited for our cruise in a little more than 6 weeks now. Really enjoy hearing about the activities and foods you enjoy. 

also love the balcony view you have this morning. Super jealous. That is my favorite thing to do on any cruise is sit on my balcony and read on sea days. We have SAS biggest terrace this trip and can’t wait to lounge there every day. 

Eek I'm so excited for you! We put in an upgrade bid for all the SAS terraces and didn't get them, but no worries at all because we love our cabin! Henry is our stateroom attendant and he is AWESOME. You're going to have so much fun!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Do all the activities in the app that are “book on board” go pretty quickly?  Sound like we should dedicate some time in the terminal or right after boarding to get all reservations set.  Would that be the best plan in your opinion?  We have DBE and 1:45 arrival time if that matters.

Some go quicker than others. Just from doing our own things in the app, the Bubbles and Fried Chicken event was the first to sell out, then the bungee fitness classes. I would HIGHLY recommend getting everything booked first when you board the ship before doing anything else if there's something you have your heart set on. If you wait until later, it'll likely be unavailable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cspnvdl said:

Hi thanks for this, fantastic preview for me as I am doing the same cruise in 4 weeks time, really enjoying following along. Just a question re arriving at the terminal - I have dbe - it doesn’t sound like there’s any real benefit to being there before 1:15 or even 1:30 -is that right? 

Correct, at least not for San Juan embarkation. SOR and DBE were put in a waiting area together, and nobody went before 1:45. So the people (like us) who arrived early at 12:30 didn't have too much of an advantage over those who arrived at 1:30, other than we had a better spot in the waiting room so we're closer to the front of the line when we were called to check in at 1:45. They only let you up to check in in groups of 30 and we were in the first group of 30, so that actually was helpful, but I doubt those behind us were much slower. Check in was really quick. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, scubagal44 said:

After Miss Behave, it was back to the cabin for a quick change into PJs for the PJ party. Hubby and I were both picked for the PJ "costume" party lol, neither of us won but it was fun. Now it's off to bed! Tomorrow is a sea day and we have Plate, Snap, Eat at 10. Should be fun! 

For the PJs party, if we don’t dance will we be out of place?  

2 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

For the PJs party, if we don’t dance will we be out of place?  

Not at all! There's a lot of seating around the Athletic Club and plenty of people were just hanging out and observing and taking in the atmosphere. VV is very much "you do you," literally nobody anywhere cares about what you do or do not do. ❤️

• Like 4

1 minute ago, scubagal44 said:

Not at all! There's a lot of seating around the Athletic Club and plenty of people were just hanging out and observing and taking in the atmosphere. VV is very much "you do you," literally nobody anywhere cares about what you do or do not do. ❤️

Awesome - love to hear that !  🍻

• Like 1

Also of note, so far on this sailing the Hostess has been absent. I asked Simon about that, apparently she is just ill right now and can't join in the festivities. They aren't sure if she'll be able to join later on in this sailing, or if she won't be well until next week. 

• Like 1

Didn't win bingo, but it was still a great time! Carlos is the best. 

After that we grabbed some ice cream and caught Andy the Charmer at Sip for the Charmer's Lounge. Love him!

Now my booty is parked in my hammock and it's time to chill. I've got bubbles and a book, and I may even take a little nap. I can tell you I am for sure not going to make it to the seahorse auction, which is fine. We'll just make it to the race later in the week. 

• Like 4