Bringing wine on : multi-segment cruise from Sydney

Ombud

If I go on an Australian cruise which can be booked as multiple segments or single voyage can I bring on a bottle of wine for each segment? (I did when going out of San Pedro)

Edited by Ombud

• Ombud changed the title to Bringing wine on : multi-segment cruise from Sydney
2 hours ago, Ombud said:

If I go on an Australian cruise which can be booked as multiple segments or single voyage can I bring on a bottle of wine for each segment? (I did when going out of San Pedro)

I don't see why the port of embarkation should matter.  It is PCL crew that mans the wine table and assesses any corkage due - if the table is manned when you pass by of course.  Should be no problem if you can show them you are on multiple legs.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

We do a lot of b2b’s and I always print out a copy of the segments that could be booked, and then show them my travel summary.

I’ve had some security agents question me and send me to the liquor table.  But, showing PCL the b2b’s or segments has always been NP on embarkation.

• Like 2

I've booked the 2 segments as 1 cruise so I'll find out in 2 months whether they charge me or not I guess ...

Edited by Ombud

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I've booked the 2 segments as 1 cruise so I'll find out in 2 months i guess whether they charge me or not ...

They really should not. It’s per voyage and it is considered 2 voyages, even if you booked it as one.  Just like your minibar, you get one for each segment, even if you booked it as one booking.

Have fun!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ombud said:

I've booked the 2 segments as 1 cruise so I'll find out in 2 months whether they charge me or not I guess ...

SH benefits would be better if booked as 2 cruises.   I'm planning to bring wine on in YOK for the 22 day.

• Like 1