Last minute booking

You will be able to see every single show that you want at the exact time you want, and you'll be able to go twice if you like. I did exactly this twice this past year (Harmony & Oasis). 

The shows are never ever "sold out". 

Are you sailing solo whereby you need only one seat? (emphasis on the "I" in your post twice)

5 minutes ago, Pokeymon said:

If I book the Allure of the Seas just a week before sailing, will I have any choice of shows or specialty restaurants or will they be sold out?

You can definitely use the standby line for shows.

They also hold back a % of reservations for booking onboard. We booked Allure maybe a month out for a late October cruise and booked a few things that were still available but once onboard there were plenty of additional time slots available. We also had to move both of our specialty dinner reservations once onboard b/c our itinerary was changed 2 days before the cruise due to weather and that was no problem whatsoever either.

• Like 1

I have booked a cruise 4 days before a sailing and never had an issue with the showtimes or reserving specialty restaurants. With the restaurants though sometimes, the times are later because all the earlier times are sold out, which typically doesn't bother us. If you want an earlier time always talk with the hosts on board and I am sure they will be able to help you out 🙂 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, livetravelcruise07 said:

always talk with the hosts on board

And don't trust the app for available time slots. We wanted to change a time we had pre-booked for Sabor for that evening. The app said there was nothing available. We went to the host and were offered ANY time we wanted. She thanked us for telling her the app was showing it as basically fully booked. It was a ghost town that night.

We felt bad for our wonderful server. Who knows how many additional tips she may have received from people who looked in the app and assumed there was no availability.

Edited by OCSC Mike

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 3:03 PM, OCSC Mike said:

You can definitely use the standby line for shows.

They also hold back a % of reservations for booking onboard. We booked Allure maybe a month out for a late October cruise and booked a few things that were still available but once onboard there were plenty of additional time slots available. We also had to move both of our specialty dinner reservations once onboard b/c our itinerary was changed 2 days before the cruise due to weather and that was no problem whatsoever either.

I'm so glad to hear this. I'm over 2 months out for our Wonder sailing and have been trying (for the past week) to book Izumi and Wonderland for this sailing. Online shows no availability at all and I even called and they said no availability. I did ask if they hold back reservations for those booking onboard and she didn't directly answer but said to check once we board. I guess we'll have to rush over to a restaurant and do that after boarding, which I hate doing, just sets a wrong tone for a vacation for me, but I have to try. I really want to check out Wonderland and my husband really wants sushi, so we'll check once on board.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RumRunner01 said:

Online shows no availability at all

That's expected. They are usually available early in the month prior to your cruise month so early March for you. For my March 17th Wonder sailing, I believe entertainment opened on February 7th. In the past it has been closer to the 1st but not necessarily on the 1st.

Edited by OCSC Mike