Can we talk about this Country Style Pate?

sonomaphil

On 2/5/2024 at 5:31 AM, sonomaphil said:

This is the "Country Style Pate" served on Discovery Princess tonight in the main dining room.

😲 🤣

Usually, the Princess "Country-Style Paté, autumn greens, roasted cherry vinaigrette" looks like this:
20221124_183632.jpg.a78c35af4313c3b26384
(picture found in this forum)

• Like 8

16 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

😲 🤣

Usually, the Princess "Country-Style Paté, autumn greens, roasted cherry vinaigrette" looks like this:

That looks MUCH better than the original picture in this post!  (I still wouldn't eat it, but that's me. Lol! 😂)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smwg said:

That looks MUCH better than the original picture in this post!  (I still wouldn't eat it, but that's me. Lol! 😂)

Just like their meatloaf.

I'll pass on both of them. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

😲 🤣

yay, that's my photo!!!!  Nov 2022 Enchanted Princess. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

yeah, that's bad.

on the other hand, this type of dessert presentation:

image.thumb.jpeg.70ff9fd6a0734735415f40bfe1d65a78.jpeg

always reminds me of this gif:

image.gif.edab3526914357979b7f3107eb39a488.gif

I don’t know if that WAS my first thought. But I’m pretty sure that will BE my first thought going forward. An unforgettable visual. 

• Haha 2

That is bad. I could do a better presentation serving me by myself at home.  They could have at the very least use a small scoop to make a rounded dome of pate on the plate, and cut the crust off the toast. I'm new to Princess and I doubt I'll order any pate on our cruise in August because that picture looks worse than hospital food.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, galensgrl said:

That is bad. I could do a better presentation serving me by myself at home.  They could have at the very least use a small scoop to make a rounded dome of pate on the plate, and cut the crust off the toast. I'm new to Princess and I doubt I'll order any pate on our cruise in August because that picture looks worse than hospital food.   

I can’t look at it without thinking about the “thwack” sound it made when it was slapped down onto the plate. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, galensgrl said:

I'm new to Princess and I doubt I'll order any pate on our cruise in August because that picture looks worse than hospital food.   

No worries, this food accident is not Princess standard. 🙈

• Like 3

On 2/7/2024 at 4:02 PM, EDVM96 said:

😲 🤣

It’s very good too. I can’t imagine what happened to the poster’s portion.

I did have a mousse-type pate start to melt once when the plate I’d grabbed at the appetizer buffet was still hot from the dishwasher. It wasn’t pretty. 😂

• Haha 2

Question: When I think of pate I think of goose liver but pate can actually be made from a lot of different meats. What does Princess use for their pate?

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Question: When I think of pate I think of goose liver but pate can actually be made from a lot of different meats. What does Princess use for their pate?

Your question made me look up pâté.  I had always assumed it was made of liver only. I knew it didn’t have to be from just geese but thought it was strictly an animal product. It can even be vegetarian.  Now I’m thinking I wasn’t off the mark with my refried beans comment.

5 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

I had this last night on Crown Princess and it looked very similar to OP. Like cat irk. But, it was yummy!

Now I'm shocked. 😻
The new Princess standard on Patés?

35 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

Your question made me look up pâté.  I had always assumed it was made of liver only. I knew it didn’t have to be from just geese but thought it was strictly an animal product. It can even be vegetarian.  Now I’m thinking I wasn’t off the mark with my refried beans comment.

Mystery meat again. Like in so many airport lounges. lol.

9 hours ago, BamaVol said:

That's only because it all tastes the same, like liver. 😉

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

If so recall correctly, it’s made with pork. It’s a pretty traditional country-style pate. Or at least it always was 🥺

• Haha 1

I love how small details like this one seem to capture our collective imaginations!  It's part of what makes this forum so enjoyable.

I happen to love pate, and I'm not sure I would have touched this if it came to the table with that presentation.

Edited by charliedalrymple
  • Like 2