Amending Pre-Booked MDR times? (Regal)

Cloudyrain

Hello!

I just wondered how easy it is to amend pre-booked MDR times on the Regal?

We were planning on booking an early-ish time for every day, but in reality occasionally we may need to dine later or cancel completely (if we get back from a trip later, choose a speciality/buffet tea, or if our son wants to go to kids club etc). Will this be a problem once on board? 

Do they do walk-ins? Or is it all booked?

thank you 😊

(and sorry if this is a daft question: w have done plenty of cruises but none with Princess)

@Cloudyrain, your pre booked dining reservation in MDR hopefully will reduce your wait time, if any. The MDR’s will usually have 2 lines, one with reservations and another ‘walk ins/no reservations’. Your pre booked reservation will usually self cancel/release after no show after 15 minutes of reservation time.

I like to have pre booked reservation and know if my plans change, it is no problem and I can check out my options when I am ready to dine and what current waiting times are. Since there are 3 MDR’s, waiting times for walk ins can vary at each venue.

38 minutes ago, Cloudyrain said:

Both.  If you are not going to use your reservation, be thoughtful and cancel it so they aren't expecting you and holding table space.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Cloudyrain said:

Hello!

I just wondered how easy it is to amend pre-booked MDR times on the Regal?

We were planning on booking an early-ish time for every day, but in reality occasionally we may need to dine later or cancel completely (if we get back from a trip later, choose a speciality/buffet tea, or if our son wants to go to kids club etc). Will this be a problem once on board? 

thank you 😊

(and sorry if this is a daft question: w have done plenty of cruises but none with Princess)

It’s very easy, on the App once OB, to change the time or cancel the night you don’t want.

We did it many times, especially if we wanted to try a SD, or go to the buffet, etc.  NP

If we were not going to the MDR, we always canceled it on the App, so the hostess could immediately seat someone else at our private table.

• Like 1

Quick question, do we actually have to book a spot, and pick a time in the MDR pre-cruise?

Or. can we just free-float, and do a walk-on if we want to go in the MDR that day, versus the buffet, casual dining, etc?

56 minutes ago, RocknRoll22 said:

Quick question, do we actually have to book a spot, and pick a time in the MDR pre-cruise?

Or. can we just free-float, and do a walk-on if we want to go in the MDR that day, versus the buffet, casual dining, etc?

You can certainly choose anytime dining with no reservations.  Just walk up to the appropriate line and wait. Your name and cabin number will be asked by the host.  You may have to wait a short time to be seated.

1 hour ago, RocknRoll22 said:

54 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

You can certainly choose anytime dining with no reservations.  Just walk up to the appropriate line and wait. Your name and cabin number will be asked by the host.  You may have to wait a short time to be seated.

If you are willing to share a table you will have a much better chance of immediate seating if you are a  walk up than if you want a table for two.

• Like 1