Question about points from Carnival credit card

I know how to change my points into OBC, but I am wondering if I can move my points from Carnival card to Princess because they are both Carnival Corporation, and both through Barclays. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks

4 minutes ago, jeanandmark said:

I just called... Nope, you can't move them. Seems like you should be able to because they are both Carnival Corporation companies.

There is very little cooperation between the Carnival Corp brands, at least on the customer-facing side.

Agree it would be nice if it were a Carnival Corp all-brands card, so that you could get the double points for booking and the higher point to $$ rate when you apply to your purchases for any of their family of brands

Carnival Corp & plc really only exists to get credit (and they need a lot of that right now as we all know). Princess doesn't care if you book a Carnival cruise or vice versa so they have no reason to cooperate with their branded cards.

13 hours ago, ARcruisin2 said:

Agree it would be nice if it were a Carnival Corp all-brands card, so that you could get the double points for booking and the higher point to $$ rate when you apply to your purchases for any of their family of brands

With Carnival's card you get double points for charges from other Carnival Corp brands.  But your points can only be applied toward Carnival Cruise Lines charges.

I turned my Princess points into a Carnival gift card and guest services applied the gift card to my sail and sign account

Used my Holland card on the cruise as we are building points for our Alaska adventure in 2025

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

With Carnival's card you get double points for charges from other Carnival Corp brands.  But your points can only be applied toward Carnival Cruise Lines charges.

I think you may have it backwards, you can apply your points towards the other brands, through the Barclays app I’m able to use points towards Costa, Cunard, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn and “Airfare/Hotels”.

But I don’t think you get double or rather when you hit 100,000+ point that bonus can only be used towards Carnival. 

1 hour ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

I think you may have it backwards, you can apply your points towards the other brands, through the Barclays app I’m able to use points towards Costa, Cunard, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn and “Airfare/Hotels”.

But I don’t think you get double or rather when you hit 100,000+ point that bonus can only be used towards Carnival. 

No, I'm quite certain.  I have the Barclays Carnival Mastercard and get double points on Carnival and Princess spend. 

However points can be used for a statement credit against charges only from Carnival.  When applying points for a statement credit against a Carnival charge of $1,500 or more, you pay 33% fewer points.  So a $50 statement credit against a Carnival charge would normally be 5,000 points, but if that charge is at least $1,500 you would just pay 3,333 points for a $50 statement credit.

• Like 1