Reykjavik city center before embarkation

tashaaa

We would like to make to wander around the city center of Reykjavik before embarkation. 
do you know how much time we need, so I can choose the right embarkation time? I know this is a difficult question, we won’t be visiting museums. 

We are on Norwegian Star, and as I read, there are long lines at embarkation, so we are not in a hurry, better to see the city than to wait in port.

thank you. 

Not sure I understand your question.  Are you asking how long to see all of downtown?  Or something else?

You can walk the main streets in 2-3 hours.  Or spend much more time if you shop a bit and maybe have a meal

Going up to the top of the Cathedral is a good use of time, too

Edited by Nitemare

Thank you Nitemare 😊

i wanted to know how long to see the downtown. We will have a breakfast in hotel, so probably we just try the famous hot dog. 

2-3 hours it is, thank you, so I can plan accordingly.

• 1 month later...

We are on the NCL Star as well, departing from Reykjavik May 30, 2024.  We too were questioning what to do in the hours before we board.  We decided to book the Reykjavik Hop on Hop off Bus for the day.  $35.00 per person, it has a stop right in the cruise port and hits all the major sites.  It starts at 9:30 in the morning, and the loop takes about 90 minutes.  More than enough time to see the main city sites, and be back on the board in time for the 2:00 All Aboard.  -  Steve

16 hours ago, Slyfox16 said:

How far is it from the cruise port into the center of Reykjavik and how can you get there?

There are two cruise docks.  You can look on Google Maps to see how far they are from the center.  If it is the further dock there are usually taxis, or your cruiseline might provide a shuttle.  From the closer dock it's a short walk

I looked on Google Maps to see if it was the closer one.  Did you?  Hallgrimskirkja is a major site that is considered to be near the center

I'm trying to teach you a bit here about Reykjavik, so you'll know more about what to expect

• Like 1