Restaurant recommendations for either Fort Lauderdale or Miami

hrmkr

Hello,

We are staying in Hollywood Beach for 1 night before our cruise in late Feb.  Looking for some good restaurants in either Fort Lauderdale or Miami.  We rented a car so driving is not a problem. Maybe a restaurant that has good fresh fish since we will be in Florida near the ocean.

Thanks

Drive over to Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale. If you like Italian you have to try Louie Bossi's. Busy place with a great bar and great Italian food. Reservations are a good idea, especially for dinner. Also in the same area on Las Olas, American Social, Tuscan Grille, Big City Tavern and Rocco's Tacos. Aruba Beach Cafe in Lauderdale By The Sea is another great place right on the beach for lunch or dinner. If you decide to drive north JB's On The Beach and the Whale's Rib In Deerfield Beach are also great. The Whales Rib is casual seafood and sandwiches and JB's is a little more upscale. 

3 hours ago, Corby114 said:

If you're heading to Miami I like Garcias for seafood on the River, Versailles or La Carretta for Cuban on Calle Ocho and Perricones for Italian in downtown Miami. 

Have you been to Perricones since they moved?  

On 2/9/2024 at 1:08 PM, Corby114 said:

Haven't been there in months but the last time I went the food was still very good. Still miss the old location.

Yea, not a fan of the new location at all and it seems to have changed a bit.  I spent a lot of time out on the patio at the original location.

12 hours ago, Gabrielle R. said:

Waxy’s Irish pub on 17th in Ft. Lauderdale  great Irish food corn beef & Cannage is outstanding!  and Kelly’s Landing in Ft. Lauderdale New England food. Love their clam chowder and fresh fish choices 

Yup, we always go to Kelly's Landing when in Ft. Lauderdale.Gotta have my lobstah roll and the wife likes her clams. We'll have to try Waxy's before our April cruise this year.

7 minutes ago, CCRUZER said:

Yup, we always go to Kelly's Landing when in Ft. Lauderdale.Gotta have my lobstah roll and the wife likes her clams. We'll have to try Waxy's before our April cruise this year.

My husband and I just ate at Waxy’s on Saturday.  He had the corned beef & cabbage- so good!  I had the always tasty chicken pot pie.  Always hard to decide since I also love their shepherds pie and Guinness beef & mushroom pie 

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this question to the top.

Still looking for some good seafood restaurants maybe toward Miami.  Reasonably priced with good food. Want to walk around South Beach after dinner for something to do. 

On 2/24/2024 at 12:43 PM, Roxxy said:

Its a tradition for us to go to Coconuts in Fort Lauderdale.  Has everything you're looking for

https://www.coconutsfortlauderdale.com/

Great seafood right on the causeway.

I've stay at the Courtyard Marriott right across the street from Coconuts many times, been eating at Coconuts since it opened about 12 year's ago. It's a great location on Seabreeze, easy walking distance to Las Olas and A1A. I think  the food is very over priced, the food was good but nothing special. Service sucked. 

I don't go back there anymore there's too many other great restaurants on Las Olas or upstairs at BeachPlace, or in one of the hotels to eat at Coconuts anymore. 

It's the place to be seen and unless your a local and a regular customer and I'm not, it's not worth it. 

I would recommend spending some time on Las Ollas if staying in Lauderdale area. For seafood in Lauderdale I go to 15th Street Fisheries. Just remember when you are eating seafood in Florida, get the fish that actually live in Florida like snapper and mahi. Don't order salmon. 

If you don't mind driving Garcia's has great fresh seafood, it is also a seafood market right on the Miami River. Not a view, but the river is a working river where some of the fish comes in. From there you could take a quick drive to Brickell and check out Brickell area and Brickell City Centre. If you want to see Miami that would be my plan. 

On 2/24/2024 at 12:43 PM, Roxxy said:

Its a tradition for us to go to Coconuts in Fort Lauderdale.  Has everything you're looking for

https://www.coconutsfortlauderdale.com/

Great seafood right on the causeway.

Love the happy hour at Coconuts.  Their peel and eat shrimp and coconut shrimp are fantastic. 

• Like 1