Marina May Refit

Baz-t

Reading of the launch delay of Allura, I am getting nervous now about our Marina cruise due 18 May. Will it happen or will this be another refit delay? I note on the Oceania website that all suite categories are now show as waitlist. 

7 minutes ago, Baz-t said:

Reading of the launch delay of Allura, I am getting nervous now about our Marina cruise due 18 May. Will it happen or will this be another refit delay? I note on the Oceania website that all suite categories are now show as waitlist. 

I have wondered whether or not this cruise will actually go ahead. When I booked last summer it did cross my mind that it may not because the refit could overrun.

However things have changed since we booked. Firstly, this cruise was massively reduced in the Summer Sale so it’s possible that it is actually all waitlisted.

Secondly, with so many ships have to re-route via South Africa rather than Suez the cruise lines are losing fortunes apart from lots of good will.

My thoughts are that Oceania will do it’s very best not to cancel anymore cruises than necessary. Fingers crossed that this cruise does go ahead, albeit with an upgrade possibly less than the one promised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baz-t said:

One never knows for sure but they did cut back some on the refit so with that being done perhaps a better sign will be able to get done in the scheduled time allotment. Also would not let the Waitlist be too bothersome as we have a cruise on Marina for October and it is also now completely under the waitlist category. 

35 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

I sure hope this sailing goes smoothly for all of you. We were booked on this itinerary, but sadly had to cancel. It’s a great itinerary. Oceania is not repeating it Spring of next year. I looked. 

Thank you and sorry you had to cancel. It was the itinerary that really appealed to me and of course when we booked it was a great price … bonus! Now just have to keep fingers, and toes, crossed that it happens!

Edited by Vallesan

• 3 weeks later...

Haven’t gotten our air flights yet.  Starting to wonder if it will really sail.  
We don’t usually book cruises on ships that are just coming out of dry dock. However, the itinerary was good, and the price was right.  The itinerary is very much like a cruise that we were booked on in August 2021.  That was canceled. Hope we sail.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Haven’t gotten our air flights yet.  Starting to wonder if it will really sail.  
We don’t usually book cruises on ships that are just coming out of dry dock. However, the itinerary was good, and the price was right.  The itinerary is very much like a cruise that we were booked on in August 2021.  That was canceled. Hope we sail.

I know how you feel!

We have booked flights but do feel it might just not happen. My thoughts are that because they have downgraded the refit, and given the amount of revenue they have lost over the last few years and now the war in the Middle East they will do their very best to have this sailing as scheduled. 

Think this may be a bit of a waiting game. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Vallesan