Friends of Bill W.: Starting a meeting?

Rescue Dog Mom

32 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

You're not obligated to purchase the premium package.  Phone Princess, tell them you do not drink alcohol.  You will have to purchase the zero alcohol package and will lose out on prepaid grats, wifi and desserts!  Up to you to figure out whether it makes sense to you.

Forget that, I was thinking about Celebrity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tinkerbelluk said:

I know it's still up in the air about Sun Princess's offering but I'm hoping they offer a meeting on board. 

On all the cruises I've had over the past decade (on Princess and others), I've seen the Bill W. meetings on most of them.  Possibly all of them.  I like your chances of having meetings listed for your cruise.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tinkerbelluk said:

Thanks for posting this, I know it's still up in the air about Sun Princess's offering but I'm hoping they offer a meeting on board. I'm only a few years in on my sobriety and I am a little concerned about the focus on drinking especially as I've had to book the premium package to match my husband (I'm happy for him to drink around me as he'll have a few which I'm happy for him to do). I know I can always call into my home group on zoom but as you said, sometimes it's just nice to know your not the only one and find another member of your tribe.

Buying two Premium packages just so your husband can "have a few" seems illogical. Wouldn't it be better for him to "pay as you go" for alcohol?

On 2/15/2024 at 8:13 PM, AZjohn said:

🤣 I don’t even know what you wrote but thanks for the laugh😊

Cheers

I was too lazy to clean it up after copying-and-pasting. In any case, it evidently was costing Princess a whole lot of money so now it is not called the Patter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Teechur said:

Buying two Premium packages just so your husband can "have a few" seems illogical. Wouldn't it be better for him to "pay as you go" for alcohol?

We worked it out that by the time we added the wi-fi, gratuities, specialty dining etc. it would just be easier to purchase the premium package. It also means I can have a few mocktails etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1