Carnival Jubilee internet

tvo7

I am coming from RCI and Starlink.

Does Jubilee have Starlink?

Does Jubilee's internet allow me to use chrome remote desktop back to my computer at work?

Anyone use a portable router onboard and does it work?

Thanks

On 2/12/2024 at 12:36 AM, tvo7 said:

I am coming from RCI and Starlink.

Does Jubilee have Starlink?

Does Jubilee's internet allow me to use chrome remote desktop back to my computer at work?

Anyone use a portable router onboard and does it work?

Thanks

Does Jubilee have Starlink? Yes

Does Jubilee's internet allow me to use chrome remote desktop back to my computer at work? Yes, I did this on my Jubilee cruise in January. 

Anyone use a portable router onboard and does it work? Yes, I use the Mango portable router and you just have to access the portal after it is connected. No problems. 

My speed through my Mango maxed at about 30MBPS though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jubilee has the fastest, most consistent internet at sea that i've ever experienced on carnival.

can't tell apart from land based service, other than the typical blocked sites.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you can utilize the hot spot functionality on your phone? Trying to see if I need to get my kid his own package or if I can just turn on the Hot Spot and he can grab off mine.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, bnovicke said:

Does anyone know if you can utilize the hot spot functionality on your phone? Trying to see if I need to get my kid his own package or if I can just turn on the Hot Spot and he can grab off mine.

Thanks.

Interesting thought, never occured to me.  I would be interested in the answer, but for no specific reason, doubt it would.  Can you enable hot spot in airplane mode?

On 2/25/2024 at 1:31 PM, weezal said:

Jubilee has the fastest, most consistent internet at sea that i've ever experienced on carnival.

can't tell apart from land based service, other than the typical blocked sites.

They can manage (and believe they do) the bandwidth.  I agree that Starlink is fast and a large improvement.  That said, I do not think it comes close to land based….at least my experience.

3 hours ago, bnovicke said:

Thanks.

If your phone supports sharing the wifi connection as a hotspot (turning itself into a travel router so to speak), then it should work. Not many phones support this. If your hotspot is sharing the cellular as most are, then it won't work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...