Quantum/Ovation bed setup for 4 people

Hoping someone can help me out with this, first time looking at RCCL, regular NCL cruiser.

We're thinking of doing an Alaskan cruise in June on either the Quantum or Ovation of the seas.  From what I understand, these ships are the same.

On NCL, when booking a room with 4 people, the couch converts to a bed, and a second bed pulls down above it from the ceiling to make bunk beds for the kids.

Is this the same setup here?  I've searched and not found any pictures of a room made up for four people.  I don't want to make my kids sleep in the same bed if it's a pullout.  We'll probably do a balcony room, but may do an oceanview depending on pricing.

Also, yes I know I can get adjoining rooms and not have to room with the kids.  That's not in the budget.  TIA.

Some websites that sell cruises have more detailed codes or markings for types of rooms, i.e. sleeps 3, sleeps 5, etc. but they don't always say whether it's a pull-out or a Pullman (the one that comes out of the ceiling). We did an Alaskan cruise on Serenade and had a junior suite -- four people with one bed and the pullout couch. The pullout was barely more than some thin padding on a wooden frame and my sons were very uncomfortable. On another cruise with 3 of us, I asked our online TA to make sure that we had a room with a Pullman; they are definitely more comfortable. If you search Quantum or Ovation for four-person cabins, you may be able to search for the cabin number to get more info. 

17 minutes ago, kpjb said:

Hoping someone can help me out with this, first time looking at RCCL, regular NCL cruiser.

"Trundle bed". The couch pulls out into a two bed set up.... one higher than the other

There are a ton of photos on line. Simply google trundle bed Royal Caribbean

1524998526_anthemsofabed.thumb.jpg.f5d148bc0fedaba0ffc783b6012002ef.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kpjb said:

We're thinking of doing an Alaskan cruise in June on either the Quantum or Ovation of the seas.  From what I understand, these ships are the same.

On NCL, when booking a room with 4 people, the couch converts to a bed, and a second bed pulls down above it from the ceiling to make bunk beds for the kids.

Is this the same setup here?  I've searched and not found any pictures of a room made up for four people.  I don't want to make my kids sleep in the same bed if it's a pullout.  We'll probably do a balcony room, but may do an oceanview depending on pricing.

Also, yes I know I can get adjoining rooms and not have to room with the kids.  That's not in the budget.  TIA.

On Quantum class ships, the sofabed makes into two beds.  It's a trundle style pull-out.  So although they are "sharing" a sofabed, they are actually separate beds, just sidebyside.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, kpjb said:

Check your prices. A balcony for two and a interior across the hall for the kids could actually be cheaper than a balcony for four. If your kids are young you can put a adult in each room and once onboard no one cares who sleeps where. 

2 hours ago, kpjb said:

Royals newer ships (all of Quantum class and Oasis class Harmony and newer) do not have options for the pullman beds in regular staterooms.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2024 at 5:23 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Check your prices. A balcony for two and a interior across the hall for the kids could actually be cheaper than a balcony for four. If your kids are young you can put a adult in each room and once onboard no one cares who sleeps where. 

I have looked in to this.  It's $6447 for a guarantee balcony for four.  To get both a balcony and interior room where we choose the location, it would be $10123.

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2024 at 5:11 PM, Kellie in Texas said:

@taglovestocruise I've seen people make that suggestion many times (two cabins cheaper than one) and I've never found it to work out that way. I guess it's worth checking though.

It totally depends on what promos are being offered. If it's Kids Sail Free, that offer doesn't apply to two rooms of two.

On 2/12/2024 at 5:42 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Royals newer ships (all of Quantum class and Oasis class Harmony and newer) do not have options for the pullman beds in regular staterooms.

Ugh, I'd much rather have the pullman. A trundle bed is effectively sharing a bed, and that just wouldn't fly with our two daughters.