Boarding Princess in Fort Lauderdale

Luv2CtheMouse9

Unfortunately some of us do need a suitcase (or at least something rather large) to hold all our medications & things we don't trust to porters or baggage handlers.  My husband has cancer & his medication list is very long (& some are really pricey) & I have a few prescriptions too.  So I have some major carryon luggage.  

13 hours ago, MacMadame said:

I'm curious why people don't give their carryons to the porters. Is that risky (i.e., they may get lost or stolen from)?

We always carry all our own luggage on with us, not just the smaller bags.

We enjoy the convenience of having it there immediately after lunch and not have to wait for it to be delivered.

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Who cares about the setup stuff?  You mean they did not allow anyone (Suites, Elites) upstairs to the gangway level?  Surely they must have had those folks in a section downstairs so they could head on up first.  Seems odd, but I suppose it took less staff that way and less clean-up after?  Maybe they thought they would get complaints if folks went upstairs and found no refreshments. 

No, they did not allow anyone upstairs to the usual lounge areas. Everyone was kept downstairs in the main area until boarding started. Those who were nearest the boarding "doorway", i.e. those who arrived earliest and knew to sit near the door boarded first etc.  As to "Who cares about the setup stuff?", we do, and probably a lot of other Elites etc, who enjoy the small touch of having the coffee, tea and munchies available while waiting to board.

Edited by lx200gps
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2024 at 4:59 PM, rebeccac said:

One thing to note about the port at Fort Lauderdale is that you will likely be required to show ID at the entrance to the port not just at check in.  We have had this happen whether taking our own car or taking an Uber/Lyft.  

That's nothing new; it's been in place for years!