Cove balcony cabins

moking

I assume you mean "galley"..... from everything I've heard I'd never book a cabin below the galley, they start working (and inevitably making noise) in the wee hours of the morning when most of us would prefer to be sleeping.

If you could grab a cove balcony that's not below the galley it would be great, we've done cove balconies before and liked them.

Edited by groundloop

Agree with others.  Love coves but avoid under the galley if you have that option.  I'm sure there are some cabins under the galley that aren't noisy, but I wouldn't know how to figure out which ones aren't. 

At different times, we've been under guest services, the excursions desk, and the front corner of a dining room...no noise from those.

Edited by Happy0810
  • Like 1

I was on the carnival Magic last year in a cove and had to have a cabin move. All night long it sounded like someone was ramming a tank into the side of the ship.  But last year I was also on the Carnival Mardi Gras had a cove and it was wonderful. So really, I guess it depends on what ship you take.

2 hours ago, skywalkr2 said:

How do you know where the galley is located?

Bring up a deck plan of the ship, and look at where the galley is in relation to your cabin.

There are plenty of Coves forward of the Galley that you might consider choosing if you're concerned about noise. We had a Cove on the Dream just barely under the Galley and heard zero noise throughout our trip, so it really depends on where your cabin is as to what you'll experience.

The more I think about it though, the more I remember the sound of the ship moving and waves outside over anything else (which was a huge plus IMHO).

Question about the Cove Balcony.  We want to try them.  If you are sitting on the balcony in the chairs can you see the water or does the metal block that view?  Do you have to stand to see the water?

4 minutes ago, Little Elm said:

Question about the Cove Balcony.  We want to try them.  If you are sitting on the balcony in the chairs can you see the water or does the metal block that view?  Do you have to stand to see the water?

I had a cove on the Panorama and the metal blocked a bit but could still see a lot of water. Standing up was better for some views but could still sit and enjoy a lot!  

IMG_6109.jpeg

IMG_6108.jpeg

• Thanks 1