Can I do a reprice from All Included to Cruise Only with a non refundable deposit?

Eno

I booked an All Included cruise for 2025 with a non-refundable deposit.

I do want the drink package for all three of us in the room, what I don't need is WIFI for all three of us.  

I only need 1 sign-on.  My adult daughter may use it once and a while and I would use it once in a while to check e-mails.

Usually buying packaged is always cheaper than buying separately.

When looking at my cruise it shows I can upgrade to the premium drink package, which I may do but I also saw the price of the drink packages not as an upgrade.

There seems to be a special on right now of about 25%.

When it shows the price of the drink package per person per night, do I then have to add 20% to the package - example - if showing 85.00 per night (this is in Canadian dollars) is the price actually 102.00 per night.  Without the sale, the All Included is cheaper.

1 minute ago, Eno said:

I booked an All Included cruise for 2025 with a non-refundable deposit.

I do want the drink package for all three of us in the room, what I don't need is WIFI for all three of us.  

I only need 1 sign-on.  My adult daughter may use it once and a while and I would use it once in a while to check e-mails.

Usually buying packaged is always cheaper than buying separately.

When looking at my cruise it shows I can upgrade to the premium drink package, which I may do but I also saw the price of the drink packages not as an upgrade.

There seems to be a special on right now of about 25%.

When it shows the price of the drink package per person per night, do I then have to add 20% to the package - example - if showing 85.00 per night (this is in Canadian dollars) is the price actually 102.00 per night.  Without the sale, the All Included is cheaper.

Yes the drink package price in the app or Cruise Planner does not include the 20% gratuity.  That would be added at the end of your purchase.  Just a FYI, you can not upgrade just 1 drink package, all must have the same package. 

Crunched all the numbers - The All Included package is cheaper using the regular drink package price. The Cruise Only adding the on sale drink package for all and 1 WIFI is cheaper.

When booking Cruise Only and then purchasing a drink package, do I have to pay for the drink package up front (like shore excursions) or is it rolled into the price of the cruise.

Having to reprice from All Included to Cruise only and if having to pay immediately for the drink package for three people over a year away, the savings aren't worth it.

28 minutes ago, Galaxy2004 said:

Just off Ascent 2/11. We were able to do premium drink for one and zero proof for the other. It just required a telephone call to get that done. 

That’s true but with a reason, pregnancy, recovering, medical.  For the OP alll 3 already have the Classic beverage package it sounds like they are exploring upgrading or repricing to cruise only and purchasing the beverage package since all don’t need wi-fi.   

You're already booked on a non-refundable deposit?

I'd be very careful. The All Included is likely a fare basis not an add-on. If that's the case, I don't believe you can sever it from the booking once made. You could effectively be cancelling your booking and having to pay a change fee for this. Check your terms and conditions carefully before making any changes and ask a lot of questions. 

If the difference is as close as you're describing, the change fee would probably eat it. And that assumes the fare you're looking at is available for changes. Some are only good for new bookings.

I know I can have price adjustments should the price of the cruise drop with my non refundable deposit up until final payment, but yes, a cancel and rebook would be subject to 100.00 pp charge.  Not that much in savings then since there are three of us in the cabin.  I'm going to keep what I have and just keep watching for drops in price, if any, for the all included price. 

Thanks for all of the comments/advice.  Its been 10 years since I last cruised and so much has changed. 

17 minutes ago, markeb said:

You're already booked on a non-refundable deposit?

I'd be very careful. The All Included is likely a fare basis not an add-on. If that's the case, I don't believe you can sever it from the booking once made. You could effectively be cancelling your booking and having to pay a change fee for this. Check your terms and conditions carefully before making any changes and ask a lot of questions. 

If the difference is as close as you're describing, the change fee would probably eat it. And that assumes the fare you're looking at is available for changes. Some are only good for new bookings.

@markeb is right.  I booked a Sky Suite then was thinking to go down to Aqua.  My TA said at the time that I would lose all my OBC and the perks.  So be careful how/if you do this.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

That’s true but with a reason, pregnancy, recovering, medical.  For the OP alll 3 already have the Classic beverage package it sounds like they are exploring upgrading or repricing to cruise only and purchasing the beverage package since all don’t need wi-fi.   

They didn't ask us for a reason. I simply said I don't drink alcohol but hubby does, which is true. No questions asked and that's how they posted it.