Which Nights are Chic/Elegant/Fancy Pants?

I used to have a better feel for this, but we've been bopping around multiple cruise lines over the past year and I think I'm getting them confused.  Looking to book some specialty dining for our upcoming cruise, but can't remember the rules of thumb for which nights Celebrity plans the fancy dress / fancy food nights.  Itinerary is as follows:

1 Depart
2 At Sea
3 Port Day
4 At Sea
5 At Sea
6 Port Day
7 Port Day
8 Port Day
9 At Sea
10 Arrive Back Home

Thanks in advance!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vagabond Knight said:

I used to have a better feel for this, but we've been bopping around multiple cruise lines over the past year and I think I'm getting them confused.  Looking to book some specialty dining for our upcoming cruise, but can't remember the rules of thumb for which nights Celebrity plans the fancy dress / fancy food nights.  Itinerary is as follows:

1 Depart
2 At Sea
3 Port Day
4 At Sea
5 At Sea
6 Port Day
7 Port Day
8 Port Day
9 At Sea
10 Arrive Back Home

Thanks in advance!

2 and 8. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mark_K said:

Have you looked through the app, day by day? Seems like it used to show up there, somewhere.

The app, just like the apps for all the other cruise lines, isn't very useful until you get onboard and connect to the ship's wi-fi, and then it starts populating all the info.

Edited by Vagabond Knight

7 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

Your thread title made me laugh out loud. I will now always refer to Chic Night as Fancy Pants Night 🤣

Thanks!

cjr

I also had to laugh as my wife always has. Even as far back as when we first started cruising (1991) and it was called Formal Evenings. 

Edited by doghog

On 2/17/2024 at 7:48 AM, Vagabond Knight said:

1 Depart
2 At Sea
3 Port Day
4 At Sea
5 At Sea
6 Port Day
7 Port Day
8 Port Day
9 At Sea
10 Arrive Back Home

Thanks in advance!

Generally they do them on sea days, so passengers are not rushed from the port to get back to get all fancied up, but since you last night is a sea day, I have a feeling one of the port days will be a dress up day.  I know on a 7 night or longer you get 2 dress up nights.

It sure would be nice if the cruise lines would send out a schedule of major events a few weeks before the cruise, to include items like which nights you should plan to dress up, and what themed parties will be taking place (and when).  Many groups plan meet-ups, others want to reserve specialty dining, and it would be nice to know what those plans might be overlapping.  It can also be disappointing to guests when they board a cruise unaware of and unprepared for events like a 70s party, when they would have really enjoyed bringing an appropriate outfit along had they only known.