Gift Card Overage-Converts to OBC?

JimmyVWine

Real World Math Quiz!!

If I have $470 remaining on my cruise balance and I have a $500 Gift Card, can I apply the entire $500 to my balance when paying on line and if so, will the extra $30 roll over to my account as OBC?  Or do I just type in $470 in the payment box and have $30 left on the card to take to Guest Services to have applied to my folio?  Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks. 

18 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Real World Math Quiz!!

If I have $470 remaining on my cruise balance and I have a $500 Gift Card, can I apply the entire $500 to my balance when paying on line and if so, will the extra $30 roll over to my account as OBC?  Or do I just type in $470 in the payment box and have $30 left on the card to take to Guest Services to have applied to my folio?  Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks. 

Yes, you will only pay the remaining balance due for cruise and gift card will have $30 balance which you can take to Guest Services on board and they can add to your folio. Please note, Guest Services usually request a paper copy of the gift card for their records, so have a printout.

2 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Yes, you will only pay the remaining balance due for cruise and gift card will have $30 balance which you can take to Guest Services on board and they can add to your folio. Please note, Guest Services usually request a paper copy of the gift card for their records, so have a printout.

Thanks.  I am familiar with the on board process, as I have done it before....which is why I was wondering if I could avoid it. 😆  30 minutes of my life waiting for the Guest Services Agent trying to figure out how to get $25 onto my OBC because he had never done that before!  Maybe next time I will get lucky and will be dealing with someone who is familiar with the process!

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

Thanks.  I am familiar with the on board process, as I have done it before....which is why I was wondering if I could avoid it. 😆  30 minutes of my life waiting for the Guest Services Agent trying to figure out how to get $25 onto my OBC because he had never done that before!  Maybe next time I will get lucky and will be dealing with someone who is familiar with the process!

I didn't want to deal with someone having to figure out the remaining balance so I'm taking my "extra" $500 gift card to Guest Services to have it applied as OBC. I will probably wait a day or two rather than dealing with the mass of folks at Guest Services on embarkation day unless I happen to see a quiet spell.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Real World Math Quiz!!

It will not "automatically" roll over...your second suggestion is what you should do.

• Thanks 1