Problem trying to apply payment with HAL gift cards online?

Euby

I'm trying to apply a couple of gift cards towards my remaining balance.  I'm able to add them all 3 of them, but the site still wants me to enter a credit card (which I don't want to do).  Has anyone else run into this problem? 

My PCC works 9a-5p PT Monday-Friday.  I work 11p-8am CT Monday night to Saturday morning.  So it's tricky trying to connect on the phone.  I'd rather not send the gift card details via email.  I was really hoping that I could just do it all online.

6 minutes ago, Euby said:

I'm trying to apply a couple of gift cards towards my remaining balance.  I'm able to add them all 3 of them, but the site still wants me to enter a credit card (which I don't want to do).  Has anyone else run into this problem? 

My PCC works 9a-5p PT Monday-Friday.  I work 11p-8am CT Monday night to Saturday morning.  So it's tricky trying to connect on the phone.  I'd rather not send the gift card details via email.  I was really hoping that I could just do it all online.

I too had trouble entering my gift cards towards my final payment.    It took all the info but then wouldn’t finish the transaction.    I saw the place to enter the credit card info under the gift cards so I tried to place a charge of $100 to my Discover card along with the gift card payment.   When I hit enter it said transaction complete.   I thought all was good until I made the final payment and asked my PCC to send me a new invoice showing paid in full.   I checked and the day I made payment with both gift card and credit card it showed the total being charged to my Discover card.     When I checked my gift card balances still showed the $500 on each of them.    After talking to my PCC again he gave me the reservation accounting department. Their phone number is 888-663-5384.     I called and she informed me that if you enter gift cards and then try to also pay some with credit card - the credit card automatically takes the full charge and the gift cards are not charged at all.  I questioned why they even give that option to combine different options of payment if it didn’t work like it should and she didn’t know.  She also could not tell me why it wouldn’t accept just the gift card payment.      She was great to work with and took the gift card numbers and she put the credit back on my Discover card.    Hope this helps.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the same problem with a final payment in early January. Called reservation accounting and got it straightened out. But I had to do a bunch of gift cards over the phone! 

But on February 14, I was able use a gift card for a Morimoto pop-up reservation without any difficulties. 

• 4 months later...

As the OP, I just wanted to update with my experiences.

In order to pay for the cruise, I called my PCC and had her apply the gift card.

Paying for Crew Gratuities and Post-Cruise Hotel and Transfer = Paid with credit card via the website.  They do not allow a gift card for those types of charges.

Paying for everything else (Laundry, Excursions, Internet, etc) = Paid with HAL gift cards via website.

I keep a spreadsheet of all of my gift card numbers and what they were used for in case anything needs to be refunded.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, a.madruga said:

I just called and had it added to our account because that same issue keeps coming up and not corrected as of today.

Same. I called last week to have several payments processed and had to do the same today.