Waitlisted on now full included excursion

maadimom

We are on a cruise more than a year away.  One of our included excursions is waitlisted and we are on that list, but I noticed this weekend that it now says full.  It still says we are waitlisted.  How long should I wait before choosing another?  Seems like we have a long time to wait, but I booked my excursions 16 months out and one was full and now this one.

Based on @RetiredandTravel's post, I would recommend that you do NOT cancel the waitlisted excursion you prefer, but add the new one as they did and let it sort itself out.  Our experience on Silver Whisper was that they do add extra departures when included excursions will up – although this may be subject to vendor capacity limitations.

17 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Based on @RetiredandTravel's post, I would recommend that you do NOT cancel the waitlisted excursion you prefer, but add the new one as they did and let it sort itself out.  Our experience on Silver Whisper was that they do add extra departures when included excursions will up – although this may be subject to vendor capacity limitations.

Our experience was that it was impossible to double book excursions online, even if the first was waitlisted.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, canderson said:

Our experience was that it was impossible to double book excursions online, even if the first was waitlisted.

Must have changed we have 3/4 excursions waitlisted with another booked on same day same time slot.  The waitlisted has diagonal lines thru it.  Booked this AM.

1 minute ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Must have changed we have 3/4 excursions waitlisted with another booked on same day same time slot.  The waitlisted has diagonal lines thru it.  Booked this AM.

Glad to hear this.  My attempts were last July for our Nov 23 cruise. 

51 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

We put in the waitlisted first.  Not sure if that matters.

That's what I did as well.  At that time, the system would not allow overlapped events in the personal planner schedule regardless of whether any or all of them were waitlisted. 

Just now, RetiredandTravel said:

The included excursions show a price, I don't know why they do that.  If you pick an included excursion it will (should) show no charge.

Showing a 'price' is just a marketing ploy to suggest the 'included' value in your fare.  Think of it as a "Here's what you saved by booking with Silversea" sort of gimmick.  Of course, we all know those costs to SS are covered as part of the higher fare paid vs. other lines.

It actually does show 'no charge' since the price is zero'd out and appears a $0 charge to your expenses.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Showing a 'price' is just a marketing ploy to suggest the 'included' value in your fare.  Think of it as a "Here's what you saved by booking with Silversea" sort of gimmick.  Of course, we all know those costs to SS are covered as part of the higher fare paid vs. other lines.

It actually does show 'no charge' since the price is zero'd out and appears a $0 charge to your expenses.

Not a ploy at all – they need to show you the price because you are allowed to book two non-overlapping included excursions and you will pay for the second one.  Tip: if you want to do this, book the more expensive one first, to get it at no charge, then book the cheaper one that you will pay for.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Not a ploy at all – they need to show you the price because you are allowed to book two non-overlapping included excursions and you will pay for the second one.  Tip: if you want to do this, book the more expensive one first, to get it at no charge, then book the cheaper one that you will pay for.

As they already know based upon existing schedule whether the excursion is chargeable or not (hence the $0 next to the crossed out price), the price needn't show unless it is chargeable.

25 minutes ago, canderson said:

As they already know based upon existing schedule whether the excursion is chargeable or not (hence the $0 next to the crossed out price), the price needn't show unless it is chargeable.

I found it helped my planning.  Agree to disagree.

On 2/20/2024 at 7:31 PM, canderson said:

Sometimes previously included excursions will actually begin carrying a charge for new bookings.  It pays to book excursions early.

29 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Sometimes previously included excursions will actually begin carrying a charge for new bookings.  It pays to book excursions early.

And there's no downside, since Silversea doesn't charge until you're actually on the cruise and take the excursion.  You can always cancel, but as long as you keep it you are price protected.

46 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

That’s good to know since tonight I see one that we booked is now not included.  I left it alone.  

The tour that is waitlisted and full is only 1 of 3 offered.  The other two do not sound like something we want to do.  I may book something on Viator or the like and cancel if the one we booked opens up.

you have all been helpful

• Like 1

On an upcoming voyage I tried to book an included excursion but it showing as 'full' and does not permit to waitlist.  Is that because the waitlist has already reached the maximum?  I would assume so but wanted to check.  I will keep an eye on the tour in case status changes but thought I would enquire on this thread as some of you may know the reason why.

On a recent cruise on Muse, I was waitlisted.  Shorex staff onboard explained that sometimes the tours are not finalised with the suppliers that far in advance, or they are waiting on further information/planning.  My waitlisted excursions were all confirmed.  Another cruise one wasn’t as it was cancelled. Just wait and see.  Places are also kept aside for booking onboard.

On 2/20/2024 at 12:57 PM, RetiredandTravel said:

The included excursions show a price, I don't know why they do that.  If you pick an included excursion it will (should) show no charge.

Because if you are waitlisted and choose another, there is a fee.  They seem to assume the WL will clear.  We leave in ten days and have exactly this issue.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:18 PM, Gourmet Gal said:

Yes.  We saw this also for our upcoming cruise.  Several excursions we booked early that were 'included' are now in the 'selected' category and carry a charge.  In our MySilversea itinerary it now shows a price with a line struck through it.   And the struck-through price is not figured into our total.

Edited by Winemaker_1
  • Like 1