Premier In The UK---Less Than Advertised?

daveoc

Just booked a cruise on Sky and took advantage of the current offer in the UK of Premier for the price of Plus. Looking at my booking online on my Princess account it shows everything expected included but there is no mention of 'unlimited casual meals', 'oceannow delivery' or 'room service delivery'.

Is this just a mistake or is the UK promotion for a lesser product. Anyone in the UK who has booked any idea?.

41 minutes ago, suekel said:

It doesn't show any of that on your summary but it will show that you have plus.  That's all you need.  

I'd like to think that is correct, but I'm not convinced.  The OP prompted me to check the booking confirmation for a booking we made a couple of weeks ago (where rather than getting Premier for the price of Plus, we went for Premier because we got 50% off).

This is the small print from my booking confirmation:

Please be advised that this fare includes Princess Premier for applicable guests which includes: *PREMIER BEVERAGE PACKAGE with SERVICE CHARGE included for guests
21 years old or older. Those under 21 will receive the Premier Zero-Alcohol Package. *WI-FI is unlimited for applicable guests in the cabin, four devices per guest. *CREW
APPRECIATION is pre-paid for applicable guests in the cabin *SPECIALTY DINING *PHOTO PACKAGE *PRINCESS PRIZES *PREMIUM DESSERTS *FITNESS CLASSES
*MEDALLION ACCESSORY *RESERVED THEATER SEATING This special promotion may not be combinable with other promotions. See your Booking Confirmation and
Travel Summary for complete Terms & Conditions.

It is interesting that this specifies all of the perks other than the 3 identified by @daveoc.   I do not have another booking confirmation to compare this with to see if it is the standard blurb whenever Premier is purchased or is different because I booked under a promotion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have just booked this offer. Not having been on Princess before, can you help with the definition of “unlimited casual meals” and “ocean now delivery”. Neither of these phrases appear in the blurb we have received from Princess.

thanks

I booked last week direct with Princess added premier, yet when the confirmation arrived only showed plus, rang back and they amended. Wonder how many folks don't even check that part of the confirmation.  

Ocean now, order a drink or snacks anywhere round the ship and they find you and bring it to you, though probably quicker to go to the bar! I don't think all food is free, it's the delivery part that would cost you extra without the plus or premier pack.

Unlimited casual meals - how much food can you eat!! Most ships have casual dining places like Italian (Alfredos), it used to be free but now has a cover charge but waived for premiere. However last year on Island Princess there is no casual dining place so no benefit, but some folks have reported one of the speciality restaurants being used some lunch times as a casual dining place.   

2 hours ago, Redrobo said:

They give with one hand and take with the other. Premier was down to £50. However quite a number of the excursions have had up to £30 added to the cost.

Who in there right mind books an excursion with Princess 

• Haha 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
2 minutes ago, antsp said:

Who in there right mind books an excursion with Princess 

Me! And I am in my right mind. And judging by the way many excursions fill up there are a lot of people like me.

I agree that many are way over priced but not all. If you pick and choose which ones you go on it can be OK particularly if it looks like it might be tight getting back to the ship in time such as when using public transport is the alternative.

My next cruise is to Norway and I have decided that they are all too expensive but the cruise after is to the Canary Islands and they are pretty good value and I will likely do some on that cruise.

Guest Snaxmuppet

Just looked closer at the web site.

The casual dining was added later and it looks like it is just an omission in the details. I am certain that they are included. Everywhere I look on the web site and in the T&Cs they are included. So I suspect it is just the typical way that Princess doesn't keep their IT up to date.

10 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Just looked closer at the web site.

The casual dining was added later and it looks like it is just an omission in the details. I am certain that they are included. Everywhere I look on the web site and in the T&Cs they are included. So I suspect it is just the typical way that Princess doesn't keep their IT up to date.

I think you are right, it is just an error on their system. I've just done a dummy booking and when you get to the page that asks what fare you want, standard, plus or premier, all 3 items are shown as included in the premier offer. Wish Princess were a bit more on the ball.

Bit of an update. I've just downloaded the new Princess app and set it up with my cruise details. On the front page, to the bottom right, there is a section marked 'profile'. I clicked on that and amongst the many sections it brings up was one called 'package'. I clicked on that and it listed all the items included within the premier package, including the missing ones.

I suspect(hope!) this means that the full premier package is on my account, but it does not say words to the effect 'this is the package you have got', though I think that is the intention.

• Thanks 2