American Cruise Lines opens 5-ship Mississippi season

New itineraries for the Mississippi, removal of others.  Just noticed the Complete Southeast has been withdrawn, and no more Christmas program on the Chesapeake.

Had been thinking maybe ACL was getting a little too aggressive building ships, but with the demise of AQV, maybe a good idea after all.

Am wondering what impact AQV's closing will have on ACL.  Will there be a rush of AQV cruisers coming over, with cabin prices going higher and cabin availability going lower?

• Like 1

I am on the March 15 glory cruise along the gulf coast. That was supposed to be a cruise from St. Petersburg to DC now the ship has a two week opening in his schedule after my cruise to get to DC for the revolution cruises. As you indicated, they have canceled all the complete Southeast cruises. Looking at the schedule, the cruise in November was deleted from the schedule and replaced with a cruise from DC to Amelia Island. That will leave the ship three or four days to go to Saint Petersburg without passengers, I am guessing ACL saw an issue with going down the East Coast of.Florida with passengers. 
as far as American queen going out of business, supply and demand. More people, less cabins, expect prices to go up, even though they only had a few ships.

We were on the Glory several weeks ago.  At that time ACL had already cancelled all the 2024 Complete Southeast cruises, but the 2025 (and 2026) cruises were still on the books.  We signed up on board for the late 2025 cruise.  Got home to discover no cruise on our online account.  Called, and were told 2025 cruises were being cancelled, but could switch over to 2026.  Before we could decide whether to do that, 2026 disappeared too.

I tend to agree with your thought that there is an issue with the southeast part of Florida - no ICW there, and maybe the Gulf Stream current makes for rough sailing.  We had one rough day while on the Glory, and while I did think the catamaran fore-hulls made for more stability, the waves would catch between the hulls with much slamming and shuddering.