Looks like some good news for the West Coast

CineGraphic

• CineGraphic changed the title to Looks like some good news for the West Coast
53 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Here's the LA port schedule for Spring 2025. Scarlet Lady is listed, but Brilliant is the only ship in the fleet that can make it through the Panama Canal.

scarlet-lady-la-2025-v0-ynv10h0okzjc1.jpeg.00eaa922a9736acd06e14dcac7339401.jpeg

https://youtu.be/SF9feVMvQgk?si=Bu6TLscNsS1ESJ0G

Scarlet's gonna have to beat feet from Ibiza to be in LA, unless the port schedule is just a placeholder 🤭

Just now, jwattle said:

Scarlet's gonna have to beat feet from Ibiza to be in LA, unless the port schedule is just a placeholder 🤭

That's why I mentioned the Brilliant being the only ship that can get through the canal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

That's why I mentioned the Brilliant being the only ship that can get through the canal.

I missed that. Apologies :)

Those could very well be port holds from when Brilliant was originally supposed to be sailing. Port slots are purchased up to 3 years (or more) in advance and since she was supposed to sailing already, spring 2025 slots in LA make sense. VV would have purchased those slots at least a few years ago. The last tentative word we got from VV was the end of 2025 for Brilliant Lady to launch. Until VV actually releases a schedule showing Brilliant in LA, I would not get too excited yet. We're supposed to see new 2025 itineraries anytime now. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Freelancer3 said:

... maybe Alaska.

I just checked the Alaska itineraries on https://claalaska.com/?page_id=1250 and didn't see anything listed for the major departure ports. I also checked San Diego. I know they were doing a major renovation that was to be completed in 2025 to the port and terminal but so far nothing is showing for Virgin there either.

• Like 2

I would be ecstatic if VV came to the West Coast. With the cost of airfare and the schlep across the country, it limits me to one (max 2) sailings a year on VV. If they were out West, I would sail every few months! I couldn't care less what the itineraries are - I just need to be on a ship!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I would be ecstatic if VV came to the West Coast. With the cost of airfare and the schlep across the country, it limits me to one (max 2) sailings a year on VV. If they were out West, I would sail every few months! I couldn't care less what the itineraries are - I just need to be on a ship!

Ha! Try living in the middle of the country. We have to do that for EVERY cruise 🙂 Geography sucks sometimes.  But I agree it would be very good for business for Virgin if they make the West Coast happen.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

Ha! Try living in the middle of the country. We have to do that for EVERY cruise 🙂 Geography sucks sometimes.  But I agree it would be very good for business for Virgin if they make the West Coast happen.

I'm not quite in the middle of the country but flights from Colorado Springs or Denver to the West coast are cheaper and in some instances non-stop.

Flights going East will usually come with an obnoxiously long or super short lay over. And cost double what it is to go to LAX or SAN.

2 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

I have never not lived on a coast - need the ocean within walking distance. My house is an 8 minute walk to the port in Vancouver, so while I am ecstatic about the ability to walk to the ship, my bank balance is not! 

• Like 5