When does on sign up for horserace game?

tbmrt

39 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

You attend the seahorse auction,which will be the first date,

Only 6 seahorses are auctioned off.

And the bids seemed to be $75-250 per horse.

If you win then you get time painting your seahorse (with sparkling wine) and then there is a gameshow race with the winner getting 90% of the bids back as prize.

On various cruises, I've seen bids from $75 to $500.  I think they cut it off at $500.  As above, 6 horses are auctioned off at the first session.  You then get a decorating session with "the artist," and then a "spin the wheel" game race.  Winner gets 90% of the pot of bids, house keeps 10%.  Payout is in cash, not loot.  And you keep your seahorse.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cantgetin said:

On various cruises, I've seen bids from $75 to $500.  I think they cut it off at $500.  As above, 6 horses are auctioned off at the first session.  You then get a decorating session with "the artist," and then a "spin the wheel" game race.  Winner gets 90% of the pot of bids, house keeps 10%.  Payout is in cash, not loot.  And you keep your seahorse.

Is the decorating session done the same day/time as the bidding?  

So just 1 date/time  for bidding/decorating and the second date for the race itself?

2 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

So just 1 date/time  for bidding/decorating and the second date for the race itself?

In my experience, the decorating session is a separate time.  It does not immediately follow the bidding.  I suppose it could vary from one cruise to another.  The bidding and the race are things that people not choosing to be involved can/will come to watch.  The decorating is just the bid winners, the artist, and some alcohol.  People get really serious about their decorating, planning their designs in advance, bringing stuff from home to use on their seahorse (in addition to what The Artist makes available), etc.

42 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

On my previous sailings, the painting/decorating was done on a separate day from bidding per what I heard at the races themselves.

• Like 1

The artist usually gives the winners two times to choose from. However on our Transtlantic for whatever reason, we all painted our horses at the same time. I can't remember if we had a choice, of if everyone just ended up choosing the same time. Either way, it's a fun time to meet new people and share some bubbles and laughs.

These are our seahorses from the two times we participated.

Bubbles (left) and Mrs.Ed (right)

Neither won their race.

We suspected that Bubbles was drugged prior to the event, but the ship's doctor refused to investigate. 🤣

IMG_5201.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

The artist usually gives the winners two times to choose from. However on our Transtlantic for whatever reason, we all painted our horses at the same time. I can't remember if we had a choice, of if everyone just ended up choosing the same time. Either way, it's a fun time to meet new people and share some bubbles and laughs.

These are our seahorses from the two times we participated.

Bubbles (left) and Mrs.Ed (right)

Neither won their race.

We suspected that Bubbles was drugged prior to the event, but the ship's doctor refused to investigate. 🤣

IMG_5201.JPG

great conversation pieces. 

• Like 1