Amex ?

ChatKat in Ca.

And in recent years, not a great program.  You can get equivalent points with other cards, OBC often can not be combined with consortium credits, and OBC amounts can easily be matched elsewhere.  Lots of caveats.

Chase has become an excellent way to pay for cruises, IMO.  Capital One if you are trying to build up your balance with points.

Edited by FlyerTalker
  • Thanks 1

Amex may have been ‘burned’ by OC as they refunded, within months, funds from four booked (Covid) cruises.  With minimum fuss and no hysterics on my part.  I was amazed.

And I did not book through their cruise program.

• Like 1

I always thought that the on board credit is a pass through from the cruise line to the CC company so I am thinking this has nothing to do with Amex being burned. 

I learned a big lesson and that is to use Amex for big purchases.  Of all our CC companies they were the easiest to deal with. They actually keep records when you call them. They actually have customer service people who understand what you are saying without explaining it over and over and they actually come through. I am not saying they are the only one but all I know is out of the companies I used they are the only one who got it right and came through.

There is one that was a complete horror to work with. And that was when I was trying to get refunds during the shutdown due to Covid and that was an absolute nightmare.

Amex was not.

Keith 

• Like 3