Maleth confirms end of P&O partnership

minsterman

6 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Tui's were, and I believe still are, a mix of 32" and 34" which allows them to market as 33". Tui can't actually go any tighter on their planes as they already carry the maximum number of passengers certified for the type of plane.

Other airlines can go 30" or 31" in economy because they then stick a few rows of lay-flat business class at the front, thus reducing total number of passengers carried.

31" is the most common long-haul economy standard. Tui and Emirates stick out as better than that.

That's why folk book PE, which TUI market as 38". Taking a booking from folk who will only fly PE for whatever reason and then saying, sorry folk 31" in economy is what you will get is not acceptable. To the extent of not making future long haul booking with P&O. However it is dressed up, it is a very poor showing.

• Like 3

I have read most of the remarks. Here is my story.

We booked in February 23 for 3 weeks on Arviya to Caribbean. I paid extra for PE. At the time of booking lady confirmed BA flight details to Gatwick. In march I contacted P&O, they confirmed my BA flight with PE seats including flight timing. I did not receive a confirmation so I called them again in April 23 and a pleasant lady once again confirmed BA flight with PE seats. I was promised flight details will be sent, no confirmation received again. In September 23 I received a flight details of some other passengers on Mareth Aero. I replied requesting them to send me correct flight details. A week later I received an email with my flight details on Standard seats on Mareth Aero. Since then I have written various emails and phone calls but no proper response. I was told if I cancel I will loose all my money over £6000. I am not sure what is my alternative. Like many I have medical issues and hence PE seats which has extra leg room and it is in front. Total disregard of Equality Act 2010 by P&O. 

I am hoping few of us who feel strongly should join hands and take P&O to task. 

• Like 2

If you received the details of someone else's seats and flights that is a breach of GDPR regulations.

I really do feel for anyone affected in this way. I think you will find a thread below that talks about this issue at length

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Supersun said:

I have various remarks on Mareth Aero charter flight. Here is my story.

We booked in February 23 for 3 weeks on Arviya to Caribbean. I paid extra for PE seats. At the time of booking lady confirmed BA flight details to Gatwick. In march I contacted P&O, they confirmed my BA flight with PE seats including flight timing. I did not receive a confirmation so I called them again in April 23 and a pleasant lady once again confirmed BA flight with PE seats. I was promised flight details will be sent, no confirmation received again. In September 23, I received a flight details of some other passengers on Mareth Aero. I replied requesting them to send me correct flight details. A week later I received an email with my flight details on Standard seats on Mareth Aero. Since then I have written various emails and phone calls but no proper response. I was told if I cancel I will loose all my money over £6000. I am not sure what is my alternative. Like many I have medical issues and hence PE seats which has extra leg room and it is in front. Total disregard of Equality Act 2010 by P&O. 

I am hoping few of us who feel strongly should join hands and take P&O to task. 

Cruise ships are not covered by the Equality Act 2010

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/legal-work-scotland/ship-called-dignity#:~:text=But while services on ferries,at ports and ferry terminals.

Airlines are a different matter, but whether it would extend to PE is unclear

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/advice-and-guidance-faq/air-travel-faqs#:~:text=The new law states that,the necessary staff and equipment'.

Edited by Snow Hill

On 10/13/2023 at 11:43 AM, TigerB said:

We've just had our deposit refunded; I didn't expect that, but it is welcomed.

So, for those of you that have cancelled because you booked PE and can't travel in economy for medical reasons, it may be worth a few minutes of your time writing an email.

Well done. I imagine you were asked to produce medical proof. We cancelled due to lack of PE because of being a nervous flier. I wonder if we can also reclaim our deposit. We are now booked to sail to the Caribbean instead, so our cloud had a silver lining. 

26 minutes ago, Pasty feet said:

Well done. I imagine you were asked to produce medical proof. We cancelled due to lack of PE because of being a nervous flier. I wonder if we can also reclaim our deposit. We are now booked to sail to the Caribbean instead, so our cloud had a silver lining. 

No, we weren't asked for medical proof, but I would have had no problem providing it if they wanted it.  In the email though I did disclose how my wife's medical conditions affect her, and because of that we never fly economy.

17 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Cruise ships are not covered by the Equality Act 2010

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/legal-work-scotland/ship-called-dignity#:~:text=But while services on ferries,at ports and ferry terminals.

Airlines are a different matter, but whether it would extend to PE is unclear

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/advice-and-guidance-faq/air-travel-faqs#:~:text=The new law states that,the necessary staff and equipment'.

20 hours ago, Supersun said:

I have read most of the remarks. Here is my story.

We booked in February 23 for 3 weeks on Arviya to Caribbean. I paid extra for PE. At the time of booking lady confirmed BA flight details to Gatwick. In march I contacted P&O, they confirmed my BA flight with PE seats including flight timing. I did not receive a confirmation so I called them again in April 23 and a pleasant lady once again confirmed BA flight with PE seats. I was promised flight details will be sent, no confirmation received again. In September 23 I received a flight details of some other passengers on Mareth Aero. I replied requesting them to send me correct flight details. A week later I received an email with my flight details on Standard seats on Mareth Aero. Since then I have written various emails and phone calls but no proper response. I was told if I cancel I will loose all my money over £6000. I am not sure what is my alternative. Like many I have medical issues and hence PE seats which has extra leg room and it is in front. Total disregard of Equality Act 2010 by P&O. 

I am hoping few of us who feel strongly should join hands and take P&O 

3 minutes ago, TigerB said:

No, we weren't asked for medical proof, but I would have had no problem providing it if they wanted it.  In the email though I did disclose how my wife's medical conditions affect her, and because of that we never fly economy.

Thanks for replying and lovely news. I am just so relieved that we were informed about lack of PE prior to full payment. Had it come later it would have wrecked my holiday as we couldn’t sustain losing lots of money by cancelling and the Maleth flight would have been an ordeal for me.  I hope you will find a suitable replacement cruise. Best wishes

8 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Thanks @Pasty feet; we're going to the Canaries instead, which suits my wife better as it actually falls over her birthday. We may look at Iona round trip to the Caribbean for the year after, so no stressing about flights.

Perfect, have a wonderful time. We are using Ambassador, Ambition from Tilbury on the 11th December and look forward to some winter sun. Wishing your wife a very happy birthday. We were on Arvia in June to the Med and Iona to Norway in July, both ships are beautiful, but we thought there were too many passengers. Each to his own of course. Have fun. 

Edited by Pasty feet
Mis spelt
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Pasty feet said:

Might I suggest you write to P&O saying you are aware from social media that others who cancelled due to lack of PE have had their deposit refunded and you would like yours refunded too.  I would say in your letter that no one asked for the reason you could not fly in economy and politely but firmly tell them that stress is a serious condition which you felt medically unable to put yourself through.

Always worth a try, nothing ventured they say!

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

Might I suggest you write to P&O saying you are aware from social media that others who cancelled due to lack of PE have had their deposit refunded and you would like yours refunded too.  I would say in your letter that no one asked for the reason you could not fly in economy and politely but firmly tell them that stress is a serious condition which you felt medically unable to put yourself through.

Thanks very much, an excellent suggestion. 

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

22 hours ago, Supersun said:

Thanks Presto, I know it a breach and I have written to P&O but no response. Can not open the link that you have attached.

Think I meant the post not a document. Sorry for any confusion 

We are on Arvia in february flying with Tui from Manchester .

we have had confimation of our flights .

2 sets of freinds are both on Britannia in February  flying from Manchester and they have been told they are flying with Maleth aero.

my question is are Maleth aero being used for flight from Manchester only to Britannia?

has anyone on Arvia flying from Manchester been  told they are going on  with Maleth?

1 minute ago, Lindypops said:

2 sets of freinds are both on Britannia in February  flying from Manchester and they have been told they are flying with Maleth aero.

my question is are Maleth aero being used for flight from Manchester only to Britannia?

has anyone on Arvia flying from Manchester been  told they are going on  with Maleth?

It's actually Manchester and Arvia that have the bulk of the Maleth flights. There is one flight from Gatwick on Fridays wh8ch has them too.  Earlier in this thread there is a chart showing which flights travel agents were advised would be Maleth if that hel0s.

23 minutes ago, Lindypops said:

We are on Arvia 27 Oct- 10Nov Southampton to Barbados.  We fly back from Barbados to Manchester with Maleth Aero.Screenshot_20231017-211812_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3367b9b5826a4634a529fd2dc7e814b8.jpg

13 minutes ago, Cumbrian1 said:

We are on Arvia 27 Oct- 10Nov Southampton to Barbados.  We fly back from Barbados to Manchester with Maleth Aero.Screenshot_20231017-211812_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3367b9b5826a4634a529fd2dc7e814b8.jpg

Our flight details on the p and o cruise planner show Tui

But the list on page 6 of this thread shows Maleth flights

we have booked PE , it is not the lack of IFE that particularly bothers us it is the

3 3 3 seating with narrower seats and less leg room. 

IMG_0493.jpeg

IMG_0495.png

1 hour ago, Lindypops said:

Yes in February next year on a Friday flight we are on Maleth from Manchester to Barbados and back

4 minutes ago, Lindypops said:

Wonder why our details on p and o cruise planner is still showing Tui?

There are more than one flight every day from each airport (Cardiff, Edinburgh being the exceptions).  There will therefore be TUI flights on the same day.  The list refers to the extra unallocated flights at the time of the announcement in September.  Only one third of thecP&O flights across the season are on Maleth flights.  Your flight planner is correct with TUI as you would have been informed if it was changed.

14 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

There are more than one flight every day from each airport (Cardiff, Edinburgh being the exceptions).  There will therefore be TUI flights on the same day.  The list refers to the extra unallocated flights at the time of the announcement in September.  Only one third of thecP&O flights across the season are on Maleth flights.  Your flight planner is correct with TUI as you would have been informed if it was changed.

Thanks for the info that is reassuring.

i did see on another message that there is a flight at 9.30 and ours is at 11.35 

3 hours ago, Lindypops said:

...my question is are Maleth aero being used for flight from Manchester only to Britannia?

We have; we were flying from Manchester to join Arvia in Antigua.