Haven lobsters

Pappy1258

7 minutes ago, JohnBosw said:

Rocketman, it was from the ship's shore based concierge. We will be sailing on the Encore

The Encore had an excellent Concierge, Lister Diaz. We sailed with him last year. And he was on board in April, but said that his next contract was a temp position on the Prima. 

16 minutes ago, JohnBosw said:

Rocketman, it was from the ship's shore based concierge. We will be sailing on the Encore

Important lesson you've learned...you can't rely on what NCL's shoreside customer service tells you. They're the last to be told of changes, if they're told at all.

Enjoy your cruise.

8 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Encore had an excellent Concierge, Lister Diaz. We sailed with him last year. And he was on board in April, but said that his next contract was a temp position on the Prima. 

Agree....Lyster is EXCELLENT.  Had him on my Prima cruise in February. He said he was trained by Adrian Bica.  If you've ever had Adrian as your Concierge, you know why Lyster (or is it Lister?) is so good at his job.

He told me he'd be bouncing back and forth between Encore and Prima, filling in for vacations.

23 minutes ago, JohnBosw said:

Well, it's possible, especially since reports from the ships, that the shore based concierge was ill-informed.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Agree....Lyster is EXCELLENT.  Had him on my Prima cruise in February. He said he was trained by Adrian Bica.  If you've ever had Adrian as your Concierge, you know why Lyster (or is it Lister?) is so good at his job.

He told me he'd be bouncing back and forth between Encore and Prima, filling in for vacations.

Lyster was one of the best Concierge we have had. 

Adrian was the absolute best (and his sister Christina). He was our concierge on several cruises. It is sad that Adrian and NCL have parted ways. Last we heard about Adrian last summer, he was doing well. 

In April, we did a last minute booking on the Encore. We could not get a Haven room. When we were waiting to board in Miami, Lyster picked us out of the crowd in steerage waiting area, came in to steerage waiting, and took care of us throughout the cruise. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I agree, Adrian was one of our best Concierges.  We were with him on his first trip as Concierge on the Gem.  The other amazing one was Alex Forbes.  I don't know how they remembered everyone and seemed to be everywhere.  I haven't had any Concierges lately that even come close.  So, I'm hoping that Lyster will be on our Prima cruise!

On 5/30/2024 at 4:53 PM, BirdTravels said:

Adrian was the absolute best (and his sister Christina). He was our concierge on several cruises. It is sad that Adrian and NCL have parted ways. Last we heard about Adrian last summer, he was doing well. 

I agree Adrian was the best. He now works for Oceania which is part of the NCL group but a different company that he says he likes, especially the smaller 700-1200 passenger ships. 

He's currently in Alaska on Oceania Regatta as the Executive Concierge. I don't know exactly what he does but I think it's a lot different than being a Haven Concierge. He deals with all passengers. He'll probably move to Vista and do the world cruise with former NCL Great CD Ray Carr.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, floatplan said:

I agree Adrian was the best. He now works for Oceania which is part of the NCL group but a different company that he says he likes, especially the smaller 700-1200 passenger ships. 

He's currently in Alaska on Oceania Regatta as the Executive Concierge. I don't know exactly what he does but I think it's a lot different than being a Haven Concierge. He deals with all passengers. He'll probably move to Vista and do the world cruise with former NCL Great CD Ray Carr.

Good to hear. I had heard that he was going to Oceania, but it didn't make sense at the time to me because of the way he left NCL. 

• Like 1

I had heard Adrian went to Oceania after a brief stint as a hotel Concierge after he left NCL.

Gotta say, he was the best Concierge I've encountered, land or sea.  Just impeccable at what he did.

Glad to hear he's still in the NCL fold (although on a different NCL  brand).

I would imagine it's quite a bit different being concierge to an ENTIRE ship than just a part of a ship like the Haven.

Just got back from sailing the Prima. May 23/ June 2.  No limits on ordering lobster in the Haven.

The waitress said that so many people complained that they reversed the one lobster policy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1