Parking at New Orleans

Ace5614

12 hours ago, ledges1 said:

Agree with Blerk0ne. This is for local overnight parking. Use airport reservations.com to park at Fulton for cruises.

Ok cool, I just used the link from st gregs links and it was the neworleansparking.com site so I didnt know there was another way to book it. 

12 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

As a follow up, several hotels in that area don"t offer parking of any kind, so it is up to the customer to book their own parking. 

I haven't met one yet that doesn't at least have valet.

• Like 1

I usually cruise out of Galveston but heading to NO this weekend for a 5 day cruise.

I am leaning towards just using the port parking even though its more expensive but not too much.  $25 flat rate at day vs $19 a day at Fulton

It seems like for a newbie maybe the convenience is worth the extra not having to mess with a shuttle. 

This was the quote I got from airportparkingreservations.com 

New Orleans Parking (Port of New Orleans Only)
Parking Type: Self Indoor
Check-in: Sat, Mar 9 - 1:00 PM
Check-out: Thu, Mar 14 - 9:00 AM
5 Days of parking Edit Times
Subtotal
$95.00
Service Charge
$6.49
Taxes & Fees 
$11.40

Total
$112.89
Pay Now
$112.89

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I haven't met one yet that doesn't at least have valet.

These days perhaps they have all outsourced since it is a money maker. But I have stayed in the area (e.g. Embassy Suites), where the (outsourced) valet line has wrapped around the block. I at last like to check into my room before checkout time.

In days gone by, the Holiday Inn near the Convention Center (now Hyatt Place) didn't, but I see Hyatt added a valet.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

These days perhaps they have all outsourced since it is a money maker. But I have stayed in the area (e.g. Embassy Suites), where the (outsourced) valet line has wrapped around the block. I at last like to check into my room before checkout time.

In days gone by, the Holiday Inn near the Convention Center (now Hyatt Place) didn't, but I see Hyatt added a valet.

They definitely have it now for $35/day. If I were staying in any of those hotels right around Fulton before a cruise I would book a night of hotel parking at Fulton then a week of cruise parking there. But I've also stayed in those hotels on Saints game day. In those situations I'm pressed for time and go valet. In the event you can't get in because it's packed I just park on the street and give the valet my keys. They get it in there eventually.

3 hours ago, 4x4TX said:

I usually cruise out of Galveston but heading to NO this weekend for a 5 day cruise.

I am leaning towards just using the port parking even though its more expensive but not too much.  $25 flat rate at day vs $19 a day at Fulton

It seems like for a newbie maybe the convenience is worth the extra not having to mess with a shuttle. 

Subtotal
$95.00
Service Charge
$6.49
Taxes & Fees 
$11.40

Total
$112.89
Pay Now
$112.89

I always did fulton rooftop myself. But if you want to be inside, it may not be as big of a price difference.

fultonquote.jpg

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, ledges1 said:

Agree with Blerk0ne. This is for local overnight parking. Use airport reservations.com to park at Fulton for cruises.

I've used that website for 9 cruises out of New Orleans. You just have to scroll down and select the cruise option.

Edited by Saint Greg

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I always did fulton rooftop myself. But if you want to be inside, it may not be as big of a price difference.

fultonquote.jpg

Are you getting a discount? When I ran the rooftop it was $17 a day?

Parking Type: Self Rooftop
Subtotal
$85.00
Service Charge
$6.49
Taxes & Fees 
$10.20

Total
$101.69
Pay Now
$101.69

Just now, 4x4TX said:

Are you getting a discount? When I ran the rooftop it was $17 a day?

Parking Type: Self Rooftop
Subtotal
$85.00
Service Charge
$6.49
Taxes & Fees 
$10.20

Total
$101.69
Pay Now
$101.69

You have to use neworleansparking.com. Scroll down to the Hotel/Cruise dropdown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You have to use neworleansparking.com. Scroll down to the Hotel/Cruise dropdown.

boom I got it, see what you did. Thanks

Your Reservation Details

| Fulton Place Parking - Garage Rooftop
 5 days of parking with 1 car(s) at $14.50/day/Car - edit

Check In:
Saturday March 09, 2024 12:30 PM
Check Out:
Thursday March 14, 2024 9:30 AM
Sub Total:
$72.50
Taxes & Fees:
$5.00
Total:
$77.50
Pay Online:
$77.50
Due at Lot:
$0.00
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, 4x4TX said:

boom I got it, see what you did. Thanks

Your Reservation Details

| Fulton Place Parking - Garage Rooftop
 5 days of parking with 1 car(s) at $14.50/day/Car - edit

Check In:
Saturday March 09, 2024 12:30 PM
Check Out:
Thursday March 14, 2024 9:30 AM
Sub Total:
$72.50
Taxes & Fees:
$5.00
Total:
$77.50
Pay Online:
$77.50
Due at Lot:
$0.00

One thing to be prepared for. They don't like luggage in the elevator so they may ask you to unload it before parking and before retrieving your car. As a solo it causes problems for me since I don't have anyone to watch my bag. The one time I did it that way they called me on the phone while I was bringing my car down to tell me I left my bag. So I just ignore that now. You can do it either way.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I guess a bonus for parking at the port garage - they have seacaps IN the garage to take your luggage before you park.

DSC_3336.JPG

Definitely nice for people who want/need that kind of service. How is it on the return? I have had a couple times where I’ve noticed a long line of people with luggage waiting for an elevator after debarkation.

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Definitely nice for people who want/need that kind of service. How is it on the return? I have had a couple times where I’ve noticed a long line of people with luggage waiting for an elevator after debarkation.

Much better than it used to be. Better organized, too. The elevators are huge. I was pleasantly surprised at Christmas. It was faster than I expected. And when parking on the roof, you are always last out, so nobody is in your way.

But if too long of a line, there is an alternate elevator at the far end of the building and the door was always open. They may have changed that for security reasons.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Much better than it used to be. Better organized, too. The elevators are huge. I was pleasantly surprised at Christmas. It was faster than I expected. And when parking on the roof, you are always last out, so nobody is in your way.

But if too long of a line, there is an alternate elevator at the far end of the building and the door was always open. They may have changed that for security reasons.

Mobile moves theirs pretty good. On the return they have a designated elevator for each floor of the garage. Employees working each elevator. And that elevator only goes back and forth from that floor. So you just get in the line for the proper elevator and it moved quick.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

Just now, Saint Greg said:

Mobile moves theirs pretty good. On the return they have a designated elevator for each floor of the garage. And that elevator only goes back and forth from that floor. So you just get in the line for the proper elevator and it moved quick.

Mobile is great with the elevators. Last time I cruised from there they had someone directing people traffic to the right lines.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

One thing to be prepared for. They don't like luggage in the elevator so they may ask you to unload it before parking and before retrieving your car. As a solo it causes problems for me since I don't have anyone to watch my bag. The one time I did it that way they called me on the phone while I was bringing my car down to tell me I left my bag. So I just ignore that now. You can do it either way.

Reminds me of our last time there in January. After the cruise, at the garage, I decided to make things easier for my wife and pulled both her suitcase and her wheeled carry on from the shuttle to the garage.

When we got in the elevator it was a bit crowded and I had to put my suitcase to the side a bit. When I got off I just took her wheeled carry on. One in the hand and backpack on my back felt normal.

Got to the car and said "where's my suitcase?" Rush back to elevator and pushed the button. Folks (different folks) on there said "we've been waiting for you" and had a good laugh.

• Haha 1

Well got a surprise on Saturday when we rolled up and the port garage was full. If it had just been my family going I would have done the Fulton garage but was going with the sis in laws family as well so thought it would be easy to park onsite. Well to our surprise it was full and we got pushed into overflow lot H which was across the way a bit from the port. I  wasnt real happy with that but in the time crunch and crazyness we went with it. Car was still there when we got back today so it worked out but I had not seen that happen to anyone else so fyi. 

5 hours ago, 4x4TX said:

Well got a surprise on Saturday when we rolled up and the port garage was full. fyi. 

What time did you roll up? But yes, the garage can fill up.

On 3/6/2024 at 9:59 AM, 4x4TX said:

Subtotal
$95.00
Service Charge
$6.49
Taxes & Fees 
$11.40

Total
$112.89
Pay Now
$112.89

The $6 per day you will spend is well worth the convienence.  Parking at the Carnival's terminal is easy.  Pay, drive forward, there is a station for porters to take your bags, elevators to the terminal are right there.  

5 hours ago, 4x4TX said:

We got there about 12:30 or so. 

a little surprised it would be full that early - but I think all the previous cruise cars need to vacate before noon (might be earlier), so I try to get there before noon.

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

a little surprised it would be full that early - but I think all the previous cruise cars need to vacate before noon (might be earlier), so I try to get there before noon.

Me too it didnt even cross my mind honestly. We had some bad traffic around Baton Rouge that put us behind about an hour but I really didnt think much about it. 

On 3/6/2024 at 5:45 PM, Saint Greg said:

Mobile moves theirs pretty good. On the return they have a designated elevator for each floor of the garage. Employees working each elevator. And that elevator only goes back and forth from that floor. So you just get in the line for the proper elevator and it moved quick.

Just a question, is fulton Garage set up for a B2B?