Fort Lauderdale Immigration

BLRT

I recall that the cruise ship arrival dock had immigration officers right there before being transported to the FFL airport.  Is it possible to complete a Trusted Traveler Global Entry "Enrollment on Arrival" interview at that US entry time?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, BLRT said:

I recall that the cruise ship arrival dock had immigration officers right there before being transported to the FFL airport.  Is it possible to complete a Trusted Traveler Global Entry "Enrollment on Arrival" interview at that US entry time?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The cruise terminal uses only facial recognition (takes 10 seconds) and then passengers are free to leave the terminal.

If facial recognition does not pass or their are other issues, there are a few agents available for processing them.

My experience was that Global Entry enrollment is by appointment only and required a fingerprinting capability. 

Edited by Crew News

7 minutes ago, BLRT said:

No. 

LOL Thanks,   a slip of the fingers.  I actually once went on vacation to the wrong place...didn't even realize it until I was there.  Stayed and enjoyed myself anyway.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, BLRT said:

LOL Thanks,   a slip of the fingers.  I actually once went on vacation to the wrong place...didn't even realize it until I was there.  Stayed and enjoyed myself anyway.

My fingers slip all the time so I get typos. They do interviews at the FLL airport. An appointment is required but I have heard anecdotally that some have been able to get interviews dropping by if it was a slow day at the office where they do the interviews. 

My experience with Global Entry is since covid it doesn't help for cruising.  There is no CBP personnel and as previously stated it is just facial recognition.