Solstice 'hump' cabins quick Q

Posted (edited)

Can someone please remind me, which of the four midship slanted cabins (on Solstice specifically but I don't think it matters) have the largest balconies? I know the first and third are similar and the second and fourth are similar but I can't remember which ones are larger.  Trying to help a friend book.

Thanks! 

Edited by CathyCruises

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CathyCruises said:

Can someone please remind me, which of the four midship slanted cabins (on Solstice specifically but I don't think it matters) have the largest balconies? I know the first and third are similar and the second and fourth are similar but I can't remember which ones are larger.  Trying to help a friend book.

Thanks! 

1st and 3rd are larger on S class usually...but I think it's different on the Reflection. Edit:  no difference on deck 10 between Equinox and Reflection.

Equinox, deck 10:

image.thumb.gif.e37435dec8c7cc4b439c39bd90ccad1e.gif

Reflection is the same:

image.thumb.gif.cc6c59a0f7d2dc603afe68a45b31b865.gif

Edited by Oceangoer2

Posted (edited)

The difference in size would be negligible- grab any one that is available— and, book early.

They go faster than complimentary appetizers at HH , hot pizza in the OVC , or people heading to GR to remove their gratuities !

Edited by Pinboy
Spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

The difference in size would be negligible- grab any one that is available— and, book early.

They go faster than complimentary appetizers at HH , hot pizza in the OVC , or people heading to GR to remove their gratuities !

Good afternoon Pinboy........there IS a difference in size and noticeable....we book the hump when available in booking Concierge class...however....they are not as wide as some, a little narrower, but longer.  Accommodate furniture (and footstools...haha) quite nicely.

Posted (edited)

some images and drawings that have been posted in the past:

courtesy of @BAPON who took the standard deck plan and redrew the balconies on the slant to approximate reality.

Bump_out.JPG.d0b15c0094ea103d8ebe29a88e5

courtesy of @greydog

Reflection_hump.jpg.a8c01cf70834f0f3de27

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Good afternoon Pinboy........there IS a difference in size and noticeable....we book the hump when available in booking Concierge class...however....they are not as wide as some, a little narrower, but longer.  Accommodate furniture (and footstools...haha) quite nicely.

That’s interesting. I’ve never noticed that some were narrower than others. 

18 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

some images and drawings that have been posted in the past:

courtesy of @BAPON who took the standard deck plan and redrew the balconies on the slant to approximate reality.

Bump_out.JPG.d0b15c0094ea103d8ebe29a88e5

courtesy of @greydog

Reflection_hump.jpg.a8c01cf70834f0f3de27

This is EXACTLY what I needed to know.  Thanks so much for the graphic, super helpful!! This is a family with two little kids, I feel like the extra balcony room would be fabulous for them. 

• Like 1

How do the cabins on the slant towards the front of the ship compare to those on the back "hump"?  For example - Silhouette Deck 10 Concierge class cabin 1044?  Thanks,

1 hour ago, CathyCruises said:

This is EXACTLY what I needed to know.  Thanks so much for the graphic, super helpful!! This is a family with two little kids, I feel like the extra balcony room would be fabulous for them. 

Here is one that combines the photos with the deck plan which I think is pretty interesting.  This appeared in a post by @Beba-Beba

83a074d77596656a428fe640230f9934.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, daybrake said:

How do the cabins on the slant towards the front of the ship compare to those on the back "hump"?  For example - Silhouette Deck 10 Concierge class cabin 1044?  Thanks,

I think you will find the forward slant balconies to mirror their backward slant counterparts.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks for the correction— Appreciate it.
We always book any “ hump “ balcony available and enjoy the extra space.

FYI- we don’t book Concierge anymore— was no value for us as I prefer to make our own reservations and not have to stand in line for the Concierge or wait for callbacks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

First time Celebrity sailing.

Are cabins 9207 and 9209 included in the "hump cabins" category.

I cannot see them in the descriptions above but  see they are at an angle on the deck plans.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Abovethesod said:

Hi All,

First time Celebrity sailing.

Are cabins 9207 and 9209 included in the "hump cabins" category.

I cannot see them in the descriptions above but  see they are at an angle on the deck plans.

Yes, they are.  Your 9207 = 9208 in the above diagram in Post #9.  And 9209 = 9296

Edited by mahdnc

1 minute ago, Abovethesod said:

Thanks mahdnc.

You are most welcome.  I sincerely hope that you thoroughly enjoy your first Celebrity cruise!