Rewards Points Redemption Time Frame

I have redeemed points for a $2500.00 credit towards my cruise on the Symphony leaving June 14.
Final payment is due March 16. The credit has not been applied yet. When I call the Rewards Redemption Desk they tell me it will be applied before final payment date. That is in 11 days and if not applied by 2 days before final payment date, then call back. 
Has anyone had any experience with this situation?

We redeemed points for a 7 night Caribbean cruise.  I believe they gave me the same proviso, to check and call them if not seen. If was applied just a few days before final payment without issues.

When did you redeem them? The quickest I have seen the redemption show up is the next day. The longest I have had to wait is about 2 weeks. The closer to sail date, the sooner they should show up.

The request was submitted in November 2023, I just talk to the CRUISE rewards desk again and they assured me the credit is in process and will be applied prior to the final payment date. The final payment date is 10 days away, March 16. They told me that if it wasn’t applied by March 14 to call them back. Hopefully I won’t have to call them back. Thank you everyone for your help.

Happened to us. Same story about waiting to final payment. Cruise leaves June 9th. I called, TA called we were both told different things. I couldn't call had to be TA. TA called had to be me. One customer service rep was actually very rude continuously talked over me when I was trying to explain. Asked him to please stop talking over me and listen, with that he promptly hung up. Called back and was connected to resolutions. This guy tried to help. Put a priority on my request. Let him know about the hang up. Some OBC showed up on my reservation. Credit was applied with no notification to me or TA. Only found out when TA called to inquire status. Have applied the 125,000 3x in the past and never had this happen.

I have a slightly different question that maybe some one can answer. If you use points for a companion fare, can you cash them way in advance and have applied or do you need to do it right before final payment? Just wondering at what point they decide the value of the companion fare, when you book or when you pay since prices are constantly fluctuating. 

3 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Just wondering at what point they decide the value of the companion fare, when you book or when you pay since prices are constantly fluctuating. 

The fare is fixed at the time of booking.

Just now, Biker19 said:

The fare is fixed at the time of booking.

Thank you. I’m booking something quite far out so I just wanted to be sure it would be based on today’s pricing before I cashed in the points.

My advice to you is to call the Rewards Desk and talk to them about what you want to do. When I redeemed my points for a free cruise, which amounted to $2500 off in my case of the total cruise fair, I booked directly through them. I normally book through a travel agent however, that would’ve complicated the matter.

• Like 1

Just an update. The $2500.00 credit was applied to my cruise balance March 7th. That is 9days before the final payment date. 
Thank You Royal Carribean!

• Like 1