Add on drink package during booking?

I would like to know when booking what the total cost will be with the drink package and gratuities (do these have to be pre-paid?) how can I do so? I did not see it as an option when booking on the RC site?

You can add pre-paid gratuities during the online booking process.  The option will appear as a check box as you move through the various booking screens.   Drink packages are a purchase you can make once the booking is created and listed in your Cruise Planner online or in the booking using the app. 

1 hour ago, kaz828 said:

I did not see it as an option when booking on the RC site?

Cabin grats are $18/day per person and can be paid at the time of booking via the web site.

Prices in the planner (inc drink package) are dynamic - you can get a feel for them via the web tool hack in this thread:

1 hour ago, kaz828 said:

I would like to know when booking what the total cost will be with the drink package and gratuities (do these have to be pre-paid?) how can I do so? I did not see it as an option when booking on the RC site?

You've already had some good answers. I'll add more detail: 

- The drink package cost is different from ship to ship /time to time, and it often goes on sale.  Ignore the percents off and Buy-One-Get-One-Frees; instead, look only at the total cost.  You'll have to add 18% mandatory gratuity to the cost of the drink package.  If the price goes down, you can call in and ask for a price match. 

- Do note that you'll have to pay up front for your drink package (on the day you book it).  It won't be added to the cost of your cruise.  

- For sure, the drink package will cost more on the ship.  

- You can pay gratuities up front or pay them on the ship.  Your choice.  If you want to pay up front (and you've already booked), call Royal's customer service and ask them to add it to your bill.  Unlike the drink package, they won't ask for payment right away -- they'll add gratuities to your pay-it-later bill.  

- Royal's customer service can have a long wait time -- if you'll call early or late, you'll get right through.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

You've already had some good answers. I'll add more detail: 

- The drink package cost is different from ship to ship /time to time, and it often goes on sale.  Ignore the percents off and Buy-One-Get-One-Frees; instead, look only at the total cost.  You'll have to add 18% mandatory gratuity to the cost of the drink package.  If the price goes down, you can call in and ask for a price match. 

- Do note that you'll have to pay up front for your drink package (on the day you book it).  It won't be added to the cost of your cruise.  

- For sure, the drink package will cost more on the ship.  

- You can pay gratuities up front or pay them on the ship.  Your choice.  If you want to pay up front (and you've already booked), call Royal's customer service and ask them to add it to your bill.  Unlike the drink package, they won't ask for payment right away -- they'll add gratuities to your pay-it-later bill.  

- Royal's customer service can have a long wait time -- if you'll call early or late, you'll get right through.  

Do they advertise cruises that may offer the Buy-One-Get-One-Free drink packages?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kaz828 said:

Do they advertise cruises that may offer the Buy-One-Get-One-Free drink packages?

First, don't get too excited about BOGOF ... though BOGO Half Off is what we've seen lately.  The reality is that they jack up the price so that the total cost comes out to be about the same thing.  Never make your decisions based upon this or that sale; instead, look at the actual cost.  

Second, I have never paid attention to that particular "sale" onboard, but it's generally accepted that you'll pay the highest possible price once you're on board.  

If you're asking, Can I know ahead of time which sailings may offer a discount on the drink package?, the answer is no.  Royal raises /lowers /throws out sales for the drink package, but you can only see what's available for your particular cruise after you're booked.  In general, though, you're likely to find lower prices on smaller ships and off-season sailings.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury

As a newbie to RC what is a good price for deluxe drinks package per person? Ie price seen in recent times that is as low as it gets. Celebrity is around $90pppd I've found at cheapest price.

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

If you're asking, Can I know ahead of time which sailings may offer a discount on the drink package?, the answer is no.  Royal raises /lowers /throws out sales for the drink package, but you can only see what's available for your particular cruise after you're booked.

There's a workaround to this detailed in the post below.